PETER GABRIEL | 18 May 2023 KRAKOW - Tauron Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• I think it is cool he is playing lots of new stuff. I expect though that he is road testing the new songs in these first concerts. Ones that he feels don't work as well may get dropped over time, so the shows may evolve as the tour progresses. If that happens, other back catalogue songs may make an appearance.

• I agree, more disappointed than happy about this set list. I love that he’s playing new music but to see it account for more than 50% of the show? That’s a bit unbalanced at the expense of any-literally any-deep tracks. Outside of the 12 new tracks, this is a bit of a hit parade. Yes, some are always going to be there, but where is Love To Be Loved, No Way Out, Party Man,, Love Town, That Voice Again or anything slightly unique from PG1-4? I’m hoping this set evolves in a big way by September.

• Up tour 2002 2003 ( before USA second leg summer 2003 )

50% new songs ( like the dvd : 6 from Up, 2 from Ovo and one new one )
    About the new song without title: maybe the rumored track called « Path of Fortune »?

• The first leg USA show I saw had 6 Up, 2

US, 4 So, 2 OVO, 3 PG 1-4 plus Animal Nation, which is 7 new 9 old, a better balance. I’m enjoying the new music (although it lacks the instrumentation that I really appreciate about PG’s music-it leans on orchestra a bit too much for me. I miss Rhodes guitar quirkiness and Manu’s a bit too chill on these tracks) but to only hear super obvious hits from PG 1 - Us is a letdown. I’ll be patiently waiting for I Don’t Remember, I Have The Touch, and some other deeper tracks

• In regards to the setlist, I'm so glad Peter has (so far) released 5 of the 10 new songs he's playing from I/O. We've at least had some time to get into them,

I think it could have been a different story if he hadn't released anything. 10 brand new songs that no one had heard before....that could have been difficult to get through!!! :)

I'll ask this question in bold so that it stands out:

Was anyone who was at tonight's gig able to buy an "Encore Series" CD of tonight's show?

I know Peter was one of the last few artistes to sell soundboards of his gigs, but there's nothing on the Real World store (just the old gigs from 2003-2014).

I didn't know if anyone had heard anything?

• I too am wondering. Would like to get some shows

• Here you have the playlist from yesterday's show in Krakow. I recorded at least a snippet of each song and a few songs in their entirety. Full songs: Panopticom, Playing For Time, Sledgehammer, Darkness, Love Can Heal, Don't Give Up, Red Rain, What Lies Ahead, Solsbury Hill, In Your Eyes, Biko.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

There were some difficulties - on the higher notes, according to the videos - but her voice is still very present.

his ;)

The man is 73 and it’s a wise decision to get some background singers on board.
    besides, reports I have read in our German forum say he’s still in a great shape. It was a 2,5 hrs show!

• He did sing quite well. First show of the tour ... after all these years finally Peter back on stage...

Dom't know what to say, I was stunned, I was confused, I was surprised.

Visuals were great, the additional musicians are wonderful. The whole band has a different vibe compared to previous tours. It's really funky during the faster tracks.

"Road to joy" was fantastic, so was "Live and let live". I also liked "Love can heal" a lot. Many other new tracks, "Playing for time" was emotional, some new tracks need some time. So many new impressions .....

• Of course if you compare it to his 40s or even 50s, he lost a lot of strength on his voice, mainly the very easy and relaxed way he used to go from his strong chest voice to falset. You could feel it live, I dont know if in the videos it reflects to much, but as they say, hey, he is on his 70s, its notmal. He is starting to use the resources that his carrear gave to him, going to midle voices sometimes, having strong chorus, etc. If you compare with Paul Mccartneys, Rod Stewarts or Elton Jhons voices nowadays, he is in much better shape

• Was anyone who was at tonight's gig able to buy an "Encore Series" CD of tonight's show? I know Peter was one of the last few artistes to sell soundboards of his gigs, but there's nothing on the Real World store (just the old gigs from 2003-2014).

I didn't know if anyone had heard anything?

I was wondering the same. I've always loved the Encore thing. But I think this time he would not do it just because probably they would have already announced somewhere. Let's hope for the next tour legs.

Or maybe there'll surprises for Bandcamp subscribers?

It would be nice to have almost one show with all the new songs!

The news that truly shocks is the empty, empty page

• 18/05/2023 KRAKOW - Tauron Arena

Setlist:

Home

It seems like the correct title now is "This Is Home". I can't find evidences, but on setlist.fm they've recently corrected in this way, saying there's somewhere a note under a YouTube video (I don't find).

• Totally NOT! (Just check for example at minute 3:45 to have a quick evidence).

Maybe, it's the video uploaded which in some point is out of synch. But I can say at 100% it's totally live like all the other songs in the concert.

• I'm surprised, and not in a good way.

I'm not gonna criticise his voice, as for a man in his 70's it was pretty good really. But I just think he's misjudged this whole i/o release. I'd be surprised if half the audience knew the 5 released i/o tracks well, let alone what the reaction was to a whole load of songs nobody had ever heard before.

Kinda realising what those audiences in the USA felt like when The Lamb tour started without the album being released yet!.

All a bit odd and misjudged IMO.

Staging looks good though, but I'm REALLY glad I didn't spend any money getting tickets. I'll pick up the inevitable blu-ray or download down the line. Maybe the album would've been released by then too...