PETER GABRIEL | 20 May 2023 VERONA - Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• I can't confirm that. I don't remember exactly what they rehearsed but there was nothing new to me.

But "So Much" appeared on Tony Levin's setlist sheet, see here.

Anyone else maybe can provide better info?

I confirm. I was there during soundcheck in Verona. They've rehearsed loudly in the early afternoon some "Sledgehammer" repetitions without PG. Probably just for checking the PA in the Arena. Then they came back with PG in the late afternoon (I think it was 5 or 5.30 p.m.) and they've rehearsed again without the PA on. So you can't hear very clear because they were using only the sound from their monitors onstage (it was barely audible only staying very close to the stage). At this point they've tried out 2 or 3 times different portions of a new song not in the final setlist, and I'm sure about the song title because the incipit of the chorus is the title of the track repeated twice. It seemed a full band, mid-tempo slightly melancholic track, close to "Live and Let Live" or "Olive Tree" style for the little I can hear. The title of the song is down here to not spoil:

The news that truly shocks is the empty, empty page

• I confirm. I was there during soundcheck in Verona. They've rehearsed loudly in the early afternoon some "Sledgehammer" repetitions without PG. Probably just for checking the PA in the Arena. Then they came back with PG in the late afternoon (I think it was 5 or 5.30 p.m.) and they've rehearsed again without the PA on. So you can't hear very clear because they were using only the sound from their monitors onstage (it was barely audible only staying very close to the stage). At this point they've tried out 2 or 3 times different portions of a new song not in the final setlist, and I'm sure about the song title because the incipit of the chorus is the title of the track repeated twice. It seemed a full band, mid-tempo slightly melancholic track, close to "Live and Let Live" or "Olive Tree" style for the little I can hear. The title of the song is down here to not spoil:

ok, perhaps I just didn't hear this one. Hope this will appear soon.

... make tomorrow today!

• Here's an obvious example of these being live vocals:

In the Kracow performance, he has his mic in the right position to catch the full line of "Come on, come on help me do":

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the Verona performance, he misses getting his mic back close to his mouth to catch the first part of the line, showing he was clearly singing it live and also that these performances were different:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.