PETER GABRIEL | 24 May 2023 LILLE - Stade Pierre-Mauroy (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

24/05/2023 LILLE - Stade Pierre-Mauroy

TICKETS

Setlist:

Washing Of The Water

Growing Up

Panopticom

Four Kinds Of Horses

i/o

Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness

Love Can Heal

Road To Joy

Don’t Give Up

The Court

Red Rain

And Still

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

• Official Post

Setlist added in first post, no changes.

• thx. Saw the strange setlist on setlist.fm and couldn't believe it. This just did not seem realistic. Strange people who do things like that :rolleyes:

I'm with you. Maybe I never care about this a lot before, maybe the last real tour connected to a new album was 20/21 years ago (when the "social fever" of commenting everything or constantly sharing fake stuff wasn't our everyday life), but I'm a little disappointing how so-called Peter Gabriel seems so "scandalized" or perplexed or disappointed about the fact he's tour with an eye on the present/future and not on the nostalgia/greatest hits thing: it's what he's done in every tour, and for all of his life/career for me! I was convinced that following him was a sort of loving this way of being by him (innovation, looking forward, be out of every marketing logic, believe in his current projects and promote them...). This "setlist joke" goes in that direction of frustration by "true fans" I can't (under)stand.

The news that truly shocks is the empty, empty page

• I remember seeing PG at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980 on the Melt Tour. He opened with Intruder and then played several tracks from the Melt album which though interesting rather went over my head as a young 20 year old as the album had not been released yet. So these songs were entirely new and I personally found it hard to take the new music in on a first listen. The album went on to be my favourite of his releases so I wish I had heard the tracks first. I still have great memories of that concert and especially "Family Snapshot" which did work for me instantly. I just checked and he played the whole Melt album apart from No Self Control although I seem to remember that being played! At least this time you can hear some of the new songs online before the concerts. I already like several of them especially "Playing for Time" and "Four Kinds of Horses". At the moment I have decided not to go to the O2 as the ticket prices plus transport are just too much. However, the setlist would not put me off although I would have rather have seen a few other albums represented rather than hearing some of the other tracks that he has played so many times before.

• I will made a review very soon. It was a very big venue (25 000) inside the arena. It wasn’t the full stadium configuration (60 000). A wonderful evening. It wasn’t sold out : maybe 2000 places left….

• Official Post

I will made a review very soon. It was a very big venue (25 000) inside the arena. It wasn’t the full stadium configuration (60 000). A wonderful evening. It wasn’t sold out : maybe 2000 places left….

looking forward to this!