PETER GABRIEL | 20 June 2023 NOTTINGHAM - Motorpoint Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***CANCELLED***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

20/06/2023 NOTTINGHAM - Motorpoint Arena

Show was cancelled

Info

All tour dates

• Official Post
  • Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “PETER GABRIEL | 20 June 2023 NOTTINGHAM - Motorpoint Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***” to “PETER GABRIEL | 20 June 2023 NOTTINGHAM - Motorpoint Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***CANCELLED***”.
    • Official Post

It also didn’t sell well at all (last time I checked it looked like only 30-40% of the seats were sold). And that might be the biggest logistic problem.

• Maybe ticket prices are an issue especially in the current "cost of Living" crisis. Personally the prices put me off this time as with travel and accommodation it is just too much.

• It also didn’t sell well at all (last time I checked it looked like only 30-40% of the seats were sold). And that might be the biggest logistic problem.

It dos not help that it is so close to Birmingham and despite the PG website saying its SOLD OUT there are still a few hundred seats available if you look on Ticketmaster or The TicketShop

• The Glasgow show is quite catastrophic in terms of selling...

While all the shows sold well in the rest of Europe, this was not the case in England. The country is in deep crisis, and the middle class seems to be gradually disappearing under the weight of inflation, more so than elsewhere in Europe. As a result, ticket prices are indecent for many English people.

• I'd add that Peter's marketing campaign also has its limits... even if I find (unlike others) : that his set list is very audacious, that he's probably never had such a good band, such a clear, subtle yet powerful sound (in certain venues) and that he's never sung so well (despite his age).

Last but not least, and in contrast to other tours, Peter's mistakes seem to be fewer, as if he had to give it his all. A 2h40 show (without intermission) at his age commands respect. In fact, he looks fitter than he did on tour with Sting (and has lost weight).

• I'd add that Peter's marketing campaign also has its limits... even if I find (unlike others) : that his set list is very audacious, that he's probably never had such a good band, such a clear, subtle yet powerful sound (in certain venues) and that he's never sung so well (despite his age).

Last but not least, and in contrast to other tours, Peter's mistakes seem to be fewer, as if he had to give it his all. A 2h40 show (without intermission) at his age commands respect. In fact, he looks fitter than he did on tour with Sting (and has lost weight).

There is an interval of 15 mins after Sledgehammer , but I get your sentiments. I paid €65 for a great place at Verona and €124 for a top notch seat in Milan. For Birmingham on Saturday we are paying about £90 for pretty poor seats. Rip off Britain, I'm afraid. At least with the ticket sales in Birmingham we'll be able to possibly move to a better place as its not sold out as the PG website has said for months. I'd much rather go to Europe to see him anyway.

• I had planned to go to the Manchester show, but as mentioned by several people, the prices put me off.

As a matter of interest, if venues like the arenas sell badly, do they eventually offer up tickets at reduced prices, or do they sell them at full price all the way until the actual show?

• Official Post

I had planned to go to the Manchester show, but as mentioned by several people, the prices put me off.

As a matter of interest, if venues like the arenas sell badly, do they eventually offer up tickets at reduced prices, or do they sell them at full price all the way until the actual show?

depends. Some use the flexible Ticket rate system, which practically means that you may pay less or more compared to the person next to you.
    in Germany we had that in a limited way. Some extra tickets became available prior to the shows and were a bit cheaper than weeks before.
    but that was just a small Amount of tickets. 4 of 5 German shows were practically sold out.
    no idea if that was the same elsewhere …