PETER GABRIEL | 23 June 2023 MANCHESTER - AO Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour 2023

23/06/2023 MANCHESTER - AO Arena

TICKETS

Setlist:

Washing Of The Water

Growing Up

Panopticom

Four Kinds Of Horses

i/o

Digging In The Dirt

Playing For Time

Olive Tree

This Is Home

Sledgehammer

Darkness

Love Can Heal

Road To Joy

Don’t Give Up

The Court

Red Rain

And Still

Big Time

Live And Let Live

Solsbury Hill

In Your Eyes

Biko

All tour dates

Post your show comments, photos etc here.

• Official Post

That sounds like a ticket price from the nineties

• Went mad a got a £60 one. Not sure why I didn't go to London 02 its a 2 hour drive, 5 hours to Manchester! Anyway I get to see 2 of my children as well, as they live in Manc, my hometown!

• If anyone attending either Glasgow or Manchester shows would be prepared to get me an I/O tour t-shirt, I would be so grateful. Missed getting one in London and now regretting it. I am based in south-east England and would transfer cash to anyone happy to do this and cover postage obvs. Enjoy the show - I thought it was stunning.

• Went mad a got a £60 one. Not sure why I didn't go to London 02 its a 2 hour drive, 5 hours to Manchester! Anyway I get to see 2 of my children as well, as they live in Manc, my hometown!

hi Chris in Brighton here! Just saw that you are driving from South Coast to the Manchester show tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the show - I saw it in London and loved every minute. If you might consider buying a (hugely overpriced!) t-shirt for me and posting it to me afterwards I would be super grateful. Obviously I would pay for shirt and cover postage. Please don’t worry if you’re not up for it, just thought I’d ask. Enjoy the show!

• hi Chris in Brighton here! Just saw that you are driving from South Coast to the Manchester show tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the show - I saw it in London and loved every minute. If you might consider buying a (hugely overpriced!) t-shirt for me and posting it to me afterwards I would be super grateful. Obviously I would pay for shirt and cover postage. Please don’t worry if you’re not up for it, just thought I’d ask. Enjoy the show!

Hi Chris

I will try but if q is too big I’ll maybe have to swerve!
    what size and which shirt, as they seem to sell a few different ones.

• brilliant production.. new material brilliant as expected..

Couldn't hear the bass though, and I had decent seats for sound..

Also.. for anyone that went what the fuck is the keyboard player doing on the solo of in your eyes..

Go and check it out on any of the concerts

• Just got home after Manchester- lovely gig. I take back my reservations about so much new material as the new stuff is outstanding. Don’t give up also a highlight and you can’t go wrong with Sledgehammer, Solsbury Hill and In Your Eyes - all played to perfection - apart from the bizarre keyboard bit that didn’t fit with anything else as mentioned by Christian James - no idea what they was meant to be - it seemed almost in a different key and time signature but was mercifully brief. Peter was impeccable- very sincere and always giving credit to others. The lighting was good and the staging very well thought through and enhanced the music. Peter’s voice was a little lost in the mix at times (and I couldn’t hear the bass as much as I expected to) but he hasn’t lost any range or power and was superb throughout. The usual element of halfwits stumbling up and down stairs driving everyone mad sitting in wrong seats etc but that’s the way it is now. All in all a great night.

• Official Post

Setlist the same, no changes

• yeah some guy in front of me out his phone up straight away soon as he walked out.. luckily I had a few empty seats for options so moved where noone was in front of me :)

Pg is the only artist I get excited for new material these days. So anyone with reservations for new material, don't.. it's always amazing stuff.

Digging in the dirt a highlight, but the crowd reaction to the obvious stuff gives a great energy too.

The girls he has added on strings where amazing too. Her vocal on don't give up.. wow

• Yes, there are always a number of folk who turn up late and pissed. Had a load turn up partway through panopticom and insist on whistling to each other across the block, shouting and waving etc.

PS Chris, I didn’t get you a shirt, too many to choose from and didn’t know your size! Sorry.

• Finally, I made it to Manchester, here are the 9 minutes that I managed to film:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.