PETER GABRIEL | 25 June 2023 DUBLIN - 3Arena (i/o: The Tour) ***SPOILER***

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

We should probably add Live and let live

That was my highlight

External Content youtu.be

• I hope they'll try to film the tour in the USA, as this show is truly magical and different from anything he's done before!

Or filmed in Canada. My show is #4 in Montréal on the new North American trek, I can't hardly wait!

I read a comment that ticket sales in Europe were not all that good which surprises me after seeing those enormous crowds from the pictures taken by Tony Levin at all the venues.

The shows in Montreal and Toronto are quite full or possibly sold out but now it is very difficult to see a sellout when the Ticketmaster site will always display resale tickets even if the show is sold out.

Hopefully a show will be filmed and recorded for a live album, the last Blu-Ray Front to Back was fantastic. Too bad the Rock & scissors tour with Sting was not released, I saw that one in 2016 but visually was not even half as spectacular as this one has proven to be.

• Official Post

re: ticket sales: that was a major UK issue. The shows in Germany, Italy and France (and others) were sold out or nearly full.
    in the UK ticket prices dropped significantly a week prior to the show to attract more people.

• re: ticket sales: that was a major UK issue. The shows in Germany, Italy and France (and others) were sold out or nearly full.
    in the UK ticket prices dropped significantly a week prior to the show to attract more people.

Manchester was the gig with the least people I went to, but one of the most appreciated by the audience of the gigs I saw! (Verona, Milan, Birmingham, Manchester) Ticket prices in UK are crazy. I think I paid €120 for one of the best seats in Milan, a similar seat was over £180 in UK. It's what we call 'ripoff' Britain.

• Official Post
    • Official Post

Two more videos

• Official Post

I also saw the Dublin show. Not much to add, really. It was an amazing atmosphere, a great sound and I am very happy to have seen a couple of shows (more than I intended to) and to witness this special one in Dublin.

I do not take photos, I just sit (or stand) and enjoy. Hope he's coming back in 2024. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Another video from Michaela

• I saw the Verona show and the last one in Dublin. I wasn't quite sure what to think about the Verona show. The setting was amazing, the weather ... well ... not. The show was okay, but it somehow lacked a bit of magic that also the stunning venue could not compensate.

I thought about selling my ticket for Dublin after the show in Verona, but didn't in the end. Which was good,

Dublin was putting things right for me. Indoor, nearly perfect sound, almost no fuck-ups (I think Peter's microphone was switched off during one line of the song Panopticom, that's it!) and a great atmosphere in the venue, which was also not too big. It was also good to hear the new songs a second time, that was more enjoyable.

Logistically, it was a little nightmare for me to go to Dublin. I arrived late and left early on Monday morning, but it was worth it. Sorry I couldn't meet anybody.

In a nutshell: What a show! But watch it inside!

• I saw the Verona show and the last one in Dublin. I wasn't quite sure what to think about the Verona show. The setting was amazing, the weather ... well ... not. The show was okay, but it somehow lacked a bit of magic that also the stunning venue could not compensate.

I thought about selling my ticket for Dublin after the show in Verona, but didn't in the end. Which was good,

Dublin was putting things right for me. Indoor, nearly perfect sound, almost no fuck-ups (I think Peter's microphone was switched off during one line of the song Panopticom, that's it!) and a great atmosphere in the venue, which was also not too big. It was also good to hear the new songs a second time, that was more enjoyable.

Logistically, it was a little nightmare for me to go to Dublin. I arrived late and left early on Monday morning, but it was worth it. Sorry I couldn't meet anybody.

In a nutshell: What a show! But watch it inside!

It's interesting the different experiences different folk can have at the same gig!. I too went to Verona, and for me it had an almost surreal/magical feel to it. I was, though, in a great position, in the cheap seats sitting on a pile of papers to keep my bum dry! For me the sound was perfect. Milan the following night was excellent and I'd say the best indoor sound of the three indoor gigs I went to. Birmingham I went to with a couple of mates and that was brilliant. We'd spotted a few empty seats near the front on the side, so a perfect view and sound. My gripe with indoor 'barns' is that they can never seem to completely get rid of echo and this was particularly true for me at Manchester. I actually sat in four different spots, varying from the cheap seat I'd bought and as it wasn't sold out I ended up on the side near the front, and on the floor, third row. Ironically the cheapest seat high up at the back had the best sound! All the other spots, the sound was very good, apart form the dreaded echo. Has to be said the Manc audience were the most 'up for it' and enthusiastic. In my book this series of concerts is up there at the top of all the PG gigs I've seen.

• As I said I was not able to attend the Berlin concert (Wadhbunhe), but looking at the chronicles of the various concerts in Europe I have to tell you that their tour has been commented on in the newspapers or journals of each locality; always with good reviews and applauding the visual effects. They don't talk about the sound at all, but they do talk about the great band he has put together. Listening to some of the concerts on my wireless headphones I notice that the sound is good and the new songs have a fresh air, a new sap...

• I wonder if the tour with Sting wasn't released because of them having different clauses in their contracts regarding live material??? -- I do know there's been some push over time to get Sting's tour with Paul Simon released.

It's certain we'll get something from the I/O tour (we have from the tours that followed So, Us, Up, Scratch My Back & New Blood as well as the Back to Front tour). Just a question of what it'll be. Being as Back to Front had nightly recordings + 1 video I don't see why I/O can't.