PETER GABRIEL - i/o: The Tour, rehearsals and setlist rumors ***SPOILER***

• Official Post

Tony Levin's Road diary gives little insights about the stage and setlist of this tour.

Please avoid this thread if you want to see the show without any knowledge

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/peter-gabriel-io-tour/

• Tony's Road Diary is just stunning - and has always been! Lots of details even when he doesn't reveal much. Can't wait to see the show (but will have to wait a bit ...)

• AN ALMOST (BIG) SPOILER.... MAYBE...

After collecting all the details from recent IG videos/posts, zooming some Tony Levin's photos and re-watching some Bandcamp Full Moon Videos, I came up with a 16 tracks list: don't know if all of these will be the songs in the final setlist, but it's certain all these 16 tracks in the following list have been rehearsed for the tour (behind every title, I've put the the source from which I got the information):

The news that truly shocks is the empty, empty page

• ohhhh - quite a few more than I was aware of. Thx!

Tomorrow we will see

• AN ALMOST (BIG) SPOILER.... MAYBE...

After collecting all the details from recent IG videos/posts, zooming some Tony Levin's photos and re-watching some Bandcamp Full Moon Videos, I came up with a 16 tracks list: don't know if all of these will be the songs in the final setlist, but it's certain all these 16 tracks in the following list have been rehearsed for the tour (behind every title, I've put the the source from which I got the information):

Welcome. And I am impressed by the work put into figuring this out!

• Welcome. And I am impressed by the work put into figuring this out!

Seconded! That’s really amazing work, and welcome!

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• SETLIST SPOLER UPDATE

After last Tony’s photos from the rehearsals in Krakow, we can add a new song spoiler, since the title and lyrics appears clearly on two different photos of monitors at the mixing desk. We can also understand the new “spoiled track” is probably the opening one of the show since there’s a green bar lighted at the first position on the display setlist. So, here’s the updated 17 track list and “positions” setlist:

The news that truly shocks is the empty, empty page

• I love what I'm seeing there on that possible setlist! Although, I REALLY hope they play Red Rain. If he just includes that one with everything else I'll be so happy! My 11 yr old daughter is coming with me, and Sledgehammer and Red Rain are a couple of her favorite songs!

I imagine it's possible, as he always plays it-it's kind of a live staple!

• I love what I'm seeing there on that possible setlist! Although, I REALLY hope they play Red Rain. If he just includes that one with everything else I'll be so happy! My 11 yr old daughter is coming with me, and Sledgehammer and Red Rain are a couple of her favorite songs!

I imagine it's possible, as he always plays it-it's kind of a live staple!

He played it in Krakow just a short while ago - see that thread.

• I remember PG saying during an interview (a very long time ago) that the best way to do an album would be to record it in the usual way, go on tour to play it, and record the whole album within a week or so right after the tour.

I think he might plan to do some tweaks and changes on the songs after having played them live. And that could be a reason why he plays so many of them….

• I'm surprised as well at the amount of new material. Don't get me wrong-it's great! But I don't recall him (or several others) previously having literally more than half of the setlist be all new songs. The other thing is, four or five of them are ones he hasn't even released yet! I could understand a couple "as-yet-unreleased" songs, but literally a quarter of the whole setlist is songs we've never heard before! The inclusion of so many new songs also makes me wonder if he will release the album sometime over the next few months...? It seems odd that he would include so much material in the concert, and then not have them available to fans who want to go out and buy them after seeing him play them.

There are five more months before I see him live here in Denver. I think it's realistic to assume that each of those songs WOULD be released by the time I see the concert...so honestly, it gives me something to look forward to-it'll be an interesting next five months for sure!

As for the older songs, I'm perfectly happy with what he's doing. I'd personally have preferred to see San Jacinto and Games w/o Frontiers on there too (as they are some of my favorites)...but I still love what I'm seeing! I know my daughter will be happy! Now I just got to get her familiar with the new songs. ;)

That said though, I wouldn't be surprised if he changes up the setlist just slightly when coming to the US...so who knows really?!

• The setlist of the gig has been heavily changed for the Lille show, according to setlst.fm...

In: Here comes the flood, Games without frontiers, San Jacinto, The veil (!!!), I have the touch (!!!), Shock the monkey, Moribund the burgermeister (!!!), Father son

Out: Washing of the water, And still, What lies ahead, Big time, Biko, Don't give up, In your eyes, Olive tree, Red rain.

I like the new setlist: some unexpected songs are in, and some songs played too much are out. I like In your eyes, but it has been the first encore from 1987 till yesterday!!! Three new songs are out with more older stuff. 3 songs from pg1, 3 from pg3, 3 from pg4. Only 1 from So.

Edited once, last by dibaldui ().

• The age old conundrum continues to exist. People complain about 'new songs' and want to hear 'fan favourites' or 'rarities'. The question is how on earth do new songs ever become fan favourites if they are dropped after onlyl a couple of performance? Either you show some faith in the new material, or you retreat into safety.

But I don't know where you are getting that information. I just looked at setlist.fm and there are no major changes.

Edit; this is what setlist.fm has for this show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist…ascq-france-33b91cdd.html

• Official Post

Setlist in Lille was the same as Paris. What you saw was quite obviously a bad joke by a fan.

We also reconfirm setlists by people who were there so what we post in our individual show threads is accurate unless we state we are not sure.