• Ah, the old “if you go back the same amount of time” mind game. I was talking with my gf about that the other day in regards to classic Genesis music from the PG era. Trying to convince her teenage and early 20 year old kids that music from then is cool is Iike trying to convince me in the 1970s when I was a teen that that music from the 1920s was cool :/

Heh heh heh... not sure how serious you're being but in case you are, I wonder if it is like that. There's more similarity and influence between 70s music and some current stuff than there was between the 70s and the 20s, and I've seen gratifying numbers of teens/early 20s-ers who really like 70s prog. But even then, I'm sure there are plenty of teenagers now to whom early 70s Genesis sounds like creaky old nonsense.

Abandon all reason

• All my grandkids have asked me to make them CDs of 60, 70s and 80s music. Between myself and their parents, they've been exposed to it all their lives. They especially love The Beatles and a couple of my granddaughters can even tell you the song title the moment a Beatles song begins. I'm very proud of them.

• All my grandkids have asked me to make them CDs of 60, 70s and 80s music. Between myself and their parents, they've been exposed to it all their lives. They especially love The Beatles and a couple of my granddaughters can even tell you the song title the moment a Beatles song begins. I'm very proud of them.

Sometimes I well up when learning such young children have absorbed the Beatles into their DNA. I hope it'll never end.

Abandon all reason

• Sometimes I well up when learning such young children have absorbed the Beatles into their DNA. I hope it'll never end.

Check this clip out of youngsters doing a helluva job with I Am the Walrus :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• On this day, 12 July, in 1958 The Quarrymen made their first recording, at Phillips Sound in Liverpool - a rare McCartney/Harrison composition In Spite Of All The Danger, and a cover of That'll Be The Day, both sung by Lennon, both performed into a single mic.

63 years... if you go back the same amount of time from that date, we're still in the 19th century during the reign of Queen Victoria and Grover Cleveland was US President.

I saw McCartney do In Spite Of All The Danger in 2017!

• I saw McCartney do In Spite Of All The Danger in 2017!

Yes I noticed that on the setlists at the time, though didn't see any of the shows. He's certainly not above delving deep into his own and the Beatles back catalogue.

It's roughly the equivalent of Genesis playing Patricia on the upcoming tour.

Abandon all reason

• Still enjoy listening to some of the early Beatles music e.g. Please Please Me, Beatles For Sale and Rubber Soul etc etc

Also enjoyed the films: 'A Hard Day's Night' and 'Help'

Saw 'A Hard Day's Night' a number of times (many years ago).

But, what I didn't know until recently, was that Phil Collins was one of the screaming fans at the end of the film. A young thirteen year old actor !

• I've been a huge Beatles fan since I was a young teen. I learned how to play guitar by learning most of the Beatles catalogue.

I saw A Hard Day's Night in the theatre in the early 80s. What I remember distinctly was a whole bunch of screaming female teens who repeatedly ran up front to the screen, attempting to touch the images of the Fab Four. Some of them semi-swooned. They all must have been born after The Beatles broke up.

• what I didn't know until recently, was that Phil Collins was one of the screaming fans at the end of the film.

Yes, and I used to hear conflicting things about whether or not he can actually be spotted. "There's a close-up of him here -- he's wearing glasses" or "you can't actually see him anywhere." When I had a chance to look through the film carefully one time, I couldn't spot him.

However, I just did a search and found a screenshot from the movie that points out where he is. It's not a close-up, and it's no wonder I didn't see him.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Yes, and I used to hear conflicting things about whether or not he can actually be spotted. "There's a close-up of him here -- he's wearing glasses" or "you can't actually see him anywhere." When I had a chance to look through the film carefully one time, I couldn't spot him.

However, I just did a search and found a screenshot from the movie that points out where he is. It's not a close-up, and it's no wonder I didn't see him.

Think he would have been very hard to spot. I searched for a picture too.

Found these

• Official Post

by the way - RAY WILSON has a nice cover of "Golden Slumbers" on his new record

• 8 Feb, Today in 1964 the Beatles spent their first full day in the US, taking a walk in Central Park, being photographed ahead of their Ed Sullivan appearance.

US fans from then still today speak warmly of how the nation was helped out of its collective gloom following the JFK assassination thanks to the Beatles.

Abandon all reason