Word Of Mouth

• This has always been my least favourite Mechanics album. I found the songs too much easy-listening-style. The title track is a foot stomper but nothing more. Today, I played the album again for the first time after a very long time and couldn`t help enjoying it. The title track is still a no-go, though. What are you thoughts about the album?

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• Quite disappointing after Living Years, but still a few highlights, notably the title track (sorry!), Get Up, and Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. There might be others, but that's my problem with it - quite forgettable. I'd still rank it ahead of Rewired and The Road. I should probably do as you've done and revisit it.

• slowdancer

Changed the title of the thread from “Word Of Mouh” to “Word Of Mouth”.
    • Official Post

Haven’t listened to that one for quite a while, but some tracks appear on the radio every now and then (Germany seems to like Everybody gets a second chance)

My Crime Of Passion was a Track I used to like.

Compared to Rewired and The Road, Word Of Mouth is weaker in my opinion

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Haven’t listened to that one for quite a while, but some tracks appear on the radio every now and then (Germany seems to like Everybody gets a second chance)

Yes, Everybody... is another good track. Maybe I like more of it than I rremember, though I can't recall at all how My Crime Of Passion goes.

• I think Mike should have just saved himself for the next Genesis album rather than make Word of Mouth. The material and the production is less than stellar and the album is best forgotten about in my opinion.

• Haven’t listened to that one for quite a while, but some tracks appear on the radio every now and then (Germany seems to like Everybody gets a second chance)

Wow, weaker than Rewired?

My Crime of Passion might be my favourite on it - I've always found it a little bit country.