Recent Purchases

• All Christmas presents but as such they were recently purchased, just for me rather than by me. And I'm delighted with them all:

Aldous Harding - Designer

Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

Bent Knee - Land Animal

Lamb - The Secret Of Letting Go

Nils Frahm - All Melody

Pip Blom - Boat

Olsen and Bent Knee are especially good. Seeing Angel Olsen next month. Sadly, Bent Knee have only ever played 4 gigs in the UK so I don't expect to see them any time soon.

Abandon all reason

• Rick Wakeman - The Red Planet

(I think the hype surrounding this album is completely warranted. Very much in the vein and quality as Six Wives and Criminal Record)

Fairport Convention - Fairport Convention

(I have most of Fairport's output from the late 60s and early to mid 70s but the debut was always one I skipped past for some inexplicable reason. Judy Dyble's recent passing spurred me to rectify that omission)

• Anubis Gate - 'Covered in Colours' (2020)

Martin J. Andersen - 'Victory In Motion' (2020)

The Neal Morse Band - 'Sola Gratia' (2020)

Neal Morse - Mike Portnoy - Randy George - 'Cov3r To Cov3r' (2020)

The Tangent - 'Auto Reconnaissance' (2020)

Jefferson Starship - 'Mother of the Sun' (2020)

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Live at the Roundhouse (2020)

Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly - Purchased all 5 albums

• Just pre - ordered Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons new album , We're The Bastards. ( Definitely veering towards them as the best currently going) . A real feel good band. I wanted the vinyl and CD so bought a bundle that also included a Cassette!! Maybe it boosts sales buy sticking one of those in .

• I just pre-ordered the Fleet Foxes new album Shore and listened to it online last night. Wow what a great album! I'll be getting the physical copy in February but definitely will be listening to it digitally until then.