Recent Purchases

• All Christmas presents but as such they were recently purchased, just for me rather than by me. And I'm delighted with them all:

Aldous Harding - Designer

Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

Bent Knee - Land Animal

Lamb - The Secret Of Letting Go

Nils Frahm - All Melody

Pip Blom - Boat

Olsen and Bent Knee are especially good. Seeing Angel Olsen next month. Sadly, Bent Knee have only ever played 4 gigs in the UK so I don't expect to see them any time soon.

Abandon all reason

• Rick Wakeman - The Red Planet

(I think the hype surrounding this album is completely warranted. Very much in the vein and quality as Six Wives and Criminal Record)

Fairport Convention - Fairport Convention

(I have most of Fairport's output from the late 60s and early to mid 70s but the debut was always one I skipped past for some inexplicable reason. Judy Dyble's recent passing spurred me to rectify that omission)

• Anubis Gate - 'Covered in Colours' (2020)

Martin J. Andersen - 'Victory In Motion' (2020)

The Neal Morse Band - 'Sola Gratia' (2020)

Neal Morse - Mike Portnoy - Randy George - 'Cov3r To Cov3r' (2020)

The Tangent - 'Auto Reconnaissance' (2020)

Jefferson Starship - 'Mother of the Sun' (2020)

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Live at the Roundhouse (2020)

Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly - Purchased all 5 albums

• Just pre - ordered Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons new album , We're The Bastards. ( Definitely veering towards them as the best currently going) . A real feel good band. I wanted the vinyl and CD so bought a bundle that also included a Cassette!! Maybe it boosts sales buy sticking one of those in .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just pre-ordered the Fleet Foxes new album Shore and listened to it online last night. Wow what a great album! I'll be getting the physical copy in February but definitely will be listening to it digitally until then.

• Official Post

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

St Vincent - Daddy's Home

St. Vincent is also one of my recent purchases

and then

The Bamboos - Hard Up

Sophia Kennedy - Monsters

Also preordered

Moby - Reprise

Manic Street Preachers - The Ultra Vivid Lament

James - All The Colours Of You

Wallflowers - Exit Wounds

Villagers - The First Day

• Canadian singer/songwriter, typically referenced as a political, folk artist but his music is much too eclectic to be pigeon-holed as strictly folk. Easily among my 10 favourite Canadian artists.

A fantastic guitarist as well.

St. Vincent is also one of my recent purchases

Also, let us know how the St. Vincent album is. I really like Masseduction.