ANTHONY PHILLIPS - "Private Parts & Pieces XII: The Golden Hour" - 31 May 2024 - review online

• 👍👍

Soliloquy For Sylvie is the other piece created with Quique. He plays the nylon solo while Phillips lays the synth strings underneath. It is possible that both pieces with Berro Garcia come from the same session in July 1994, four of which had already appeared on Dragonfly Dreams (Private Parts & Pieces IX) and Extra Pieces III.

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."

• Release Day!

Looking forward to reading your impressions.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Listening as I write. It's a lovely album. Loving Roads in Between (vocal version). So far I feel it's up there with the best of the PP&P albums. Don't like the cover, which looks like something from a bargain bin, maybe a cover for a compilation of music you'd hear in a shop that sells scented candles and stuff made of llama wool.

That aside it's a little gem so far.

• Don't like the cover, which looks like something from a bargain bin, maybe a cover for a compilation of music you'd hear in a shop that sells scented candles and stuff made of llama wool.

I see the album photography is credited to 'Dirk Smorgasbord' which looks to me like one of Ant's famous alter ego pseudonyms :)

• Ordered my copy.

“When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.’” -- Yogi Berra

A soldier survived mustard gas in combat, and then pepper spray from the police. He's now a seasoned veteran.

• Loving this new release!

The production is sublime - Ant has certainly come a long way from recording on an oil rig in the North Sea...

The fact that Ant only has 1.26k Youtube subscribers saddens and delights me.

Sad that out of the millions of worldwide music/Genesis/prog fans there are so few subs to Ant's channel.

Delighted that for me, for many, many years Ant's music has been an almost secret source of delight and aural pleasure..

• Love this track:

High Flight
    Provided to YouTube by EsotericHigh Flight · Anthony PhillipsPrivate Parts & Pieces XII: The Golden Hour℗ 2024 Anthony Phillips Anthony PhillipsComposer: Ant...
    www.youtube.com

• I got the CD last week and have really been enjoying it. I was a little disappointed that the booklet didn't include more information on the individual tracks (recording dates, locations etc.). Ant usually includes that kind of info. Is it available anywhere?

• I'm currently in a situation where I don't have much opportunity to listen to anything, but I managed to listen to the new Ant album over a couple of days. My first impression is that the first half is better than the second. Most of the disc really didn't do a lot for me but I suspect it will grow on me in subsequent listens.

“When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.’” -- Yogi Berra

A soldier survived mustard gas in combat, and then pepper spray from the police. He's now a seasoned veteran.

• The second part of this one sounds too much like some demos...

This album may be a case where a different track order would have improved things.

• It's indeed a good album (I am not a huge Phillips fan). Of course, far away from band recordings and therefor not really comparable to other Genesis-related released (with a few exceptions), but it's nice to see how you can put together such an good album with fragments from the past ....

• It's indeed a good album (I am not a huge Phillips fan). Of course, far away from band recordings and therefor not really comparable to other Genesis-related released (with a few exceptions), but it's nice to see how you can put together such an good album with fragments from the past ....

I agree.

I wasn't sure when he announced it. But I have listened to it a couple of times and found it really enjoyable.

• Ordered it at justforkicksmusic. Finally got mail, it had the other CD I ordered (Steve's Foxtrot at Fifty) plus a free bonus (Ukrainian prog sampler) - and a notice Golden Hour is currently out of stock and they will send it when available. Wow, that escalated quickly...

• Gave the album a second listen this week and enjoyed it more, even the "demo-like" tracks towards the end.