Ant-era Songwriting Credits (1967-1970)

• I may be missing an obvious central repository for this information, but I'm curious if anyone knows the actual songwriting credits for the early years of the band when Ant was still around.

Officially, the songs were all credited to Banks/Gabriel/Phillips/Rutherford. But I know the Ant recording compendium indicates songs he had a hand in writing, and that this site's review of FGTR breaks down individual songs.

But I'm curious about the non-album songs that have come out; it's easy to assume that any song not listed in the Phillips compendium is from the Banks/Gabriel team...but the FGTR credits show that there was plenty of cross-pollination in the songwriting. So does anyone know a resource for breaking down who wrote, say, Hair on the Arms and Legs or Build Me A Mountain? Thanks for any help...

• The linked page for the FGTR songs credits In Limbo as Banks/Gabriel/Phillips/Rutherford/Silver, opposed to individual credits for the other songs. Is this intentional? What kind song writing input would John Silver have had? This seems odd.

• The linked page for the FGTR songs credits In Limbo as Banks/Gabriel/Phillips/Rutherford/Silver, opposed to individual credits for the other songs. Is this intentional? What kind song writing input would John Silver have had? This seems odd.

Good question -- I have no information on this, but assuming it is accurate, I would deduce the song might have come out of a full-band jam. Since Silver was taking part in the jam, he gets a credit. Maybe?

• I don't know if it can help: :/

In "The Conqueror", in Easlea's Peter Gabriel biography, it appears that King asked Silver to play like Charlie Watts on "Get Off of My Cloud".

• There's information in this earlier thread, which itself points to an even earlier thread, and for Trespass there is this wiki entry setting out individual lyrics/music credits

That's helpful, thanks -- really shows who wrote the songs on the albums.

I remain curious about the demo songs that came out on the first Archive box set...but that information just may not be collected anywhere. I've taken to assuming that any of those songs that's not mentioned in the Ant Phillips compendium started with Tony and Peter...maybe that's over-simplifying, but seems reasonable, especially when they are generally very piano-centric.

And looking at those FGTR breakdowns: man, Tony had his stranglehold on the songwriting early, didn't he? 9 out of 12 songs, with half the album being from the Banks/Gabriel partnership. Interesting how few Phillips/Rutherford songs there are at that point -- every credit with that pair ends up shared with at least one other member. Despite the expansion of their percentage of the work on Trespass, it's clear why Ant at his departure had the proto-Hackett feeling that there just wasn't enough album space to go around for all the songwriters in the band.