• There seems no end to the various ways brexit is poisoning the UK and reducing it to a soulless, impoverished, embittered, unwelcoming husk.

The very foreigners they wish to keep are leaving because they are made to feel unwelcome and because they can. The ones they want rid of will just go underground. Meanwhile, however much they beef up the border security, everyone knows there’s an open back door in Northern Ireland. A complete fiasco in every respect.

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• “Musicians travel for a living, and almost everywhere I have travelled I have been met with kindness and generosity. Do we really want a white-breaded Brexited flatland? A country that is losing the will to welcome the world?” Peter Gabriel commenting on the Womad visa fiasco

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• I was never a fan of Brexit to begin with. Now after a year I was right!!!.........:(  :thumbdown:

Even those in favour who voted in parliment and supported it, have resigned from office. :cursing:

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• The MU, of which I am a member, encouraged their members to vote to remain in the EU because it would hurt our members who work abroad. I'd have voted to remain anyway, to be honest.

• The MU, of which I am a member, encouraged their members to vote to remain in the EU because it would hurt our members who work abroad. I'd have voted to remain anyway, to be honest.

It goes well beyond a single country, party and politics I believe. It's the rise of tribalism, racism, religious intolerance, the ignorance of the flat-earthers, feces-slingers, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists loudmouths who seem to be taking over a bit everywhere. Perhaps, it is the fact that I've been a foreigner, in different countries, for most of my life but it is disheartening.

• It goes well beyond a single country, party and politics I believe. It's the rise of tribalism, racism, religious intolerance, the ignorance of the flat-earthers, feces-slingers, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists loudmouths who seem to be taking over a bit everywhere.

I wish you were wrong. Sad to admit, you're right.