Prayers and/or Well Wishes Please

• My brother's recovery went wonderfully. In fact, its been 8 weeks and he goes back to work Monday.

Our son was in the ICU for 4 days. He's in his own room at the hospital now. Being a heavy smoker, his lungs were too weak initially to bring him off the ventilator, but he's off it now and on the road to recovery.

Thanks for asking, my friend :)

Great news on all fronts

• My brother's recovery went wonderfully. In fact, its been 8 weeks and he goes back to work Monday.

Our son was in the ICU for 4 days. He's in his own room at the hospital now. Being a heavy smoker, his lungs were too weak initially to bring him off the ventilator, but he's off it now and on the road to recovery.

Thanks for asking, my friend :)

Glad that your brother is doing well :)....

Hope your son recovers quickly and he makes a speedy recovery. :)

• I have some very tragic news. Our son Eric was found on the bathroom floor without a pulse Thursday morning by his wife. He probably has brain damage. He's not expected to live. We are devastated. Only 50 years old. We love him so very much. He leaves behind a wife, 6 kids and 3 grandkids. Hoping for a miracle. It's only been one day. He's on life support. Just getting all this off my chest. It's been a rough 24 hours.

• I have some very tragic news. Our son Eric was found on the bathroom floor without a pulse Thursday morning by his wife. He probably has brain damage. He's not expected to live. We are devastated. Only 50 years old. We love him so very much. He leaves behind a wife, 6 kids and 3 grandkids. Hoping for a miracle. It's only been one day. He's on life support. Just getting all this off my chest. It's been a rough 24 hours.

Man heart goes out to you, Kitty and the family. There are no words and we both send our prayers, love and thoughts at this very difficult and sad time.

This is tragic news indeed!...... :(

I'm so sorry to hear this Dave... Send my love and prayers to you and their family hoping for a miracle.

• Thank you all. The cardiologist called our daughter this morning to see if she would approve putting Eric on dialysis due to kidney failure. She asked why they would do that if he's brain dead. The cardiologist wanted to know who told her that. She said, the neurologists. The cardiologist stated that there is no proof of brain dsmage. He's hoping that if they can do dialysis it may make his heart stronger. We don't know how long he was on the bathroom floor without a pulse. After 3 minures, your brain cells start dying off. It was definitely longer than 3 minutes before she call 911. They're going to perform the dialysis, so we'll see if that brings us any hope.

• Eric will be in a medically induced coma for 3 or more days to reduce brain swelling. We don't expect to have any news during that time. Elisa (his wife) just called. She has a terrible migraine. Eric was moved last night and is in Loma Linda Hospital nearer to us now. He apparently has thick mucus draining from his lungs, so he may have pneumonia. There is a chance he will pass on his own which may be a blessing. He is DNR so nothing will be done to save him at that point. We're praying his swelling goes down so they can determine if he has brain damage. This is just so very stressful to all who love him. <3

• Very sorry you are going through this, but remember, where there is life, there IS hope. Hoping for a good outcome for you.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Thank you, my friend. He's at a hospital close to us now, about 7 miles away. We may go visit him today, but he's in an induced coma now, so maybe we'll take a break today and go tomorrow.

• Eric will be in a medically induced coma for 3 or more days to reduce brain swelling. We don't expect to have any news during that time. Elisa (his wife) just called. She has a terrible migraine. Eric was moved last night and is in Loma Linda Hospital nearer to us now. He apparently has thick mucus draining from his lungs, so he may have pneumonia. There is a chance he will pass on his own which may be a blessing. He is DNR so nothing will be done to save him at that point. We're praying his swelling goes down so they can determine if he has brain damage. This is just so very stressful to all who love him. <3

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I haven't been on the forum for a bit but came on to see about your brother and was happy to hear he was on the road to a good recovery. Then saw this heart breaking news and my goodness, you and your family have been through so much and like others here, I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I can't think of any worse of a nightmare for a parent than seeing your child fighting for their life no matter their age. Keep strong COT and I hope the well wishes, good thoughts and prayers bring some comfort to you and your family.

I know they helped me when so many on the old forum were sending us theirs when my daughter was fighting for her life. They worked for us and I'm Praying they do for you and yours as well.

🙏🏻

• Thank you, Eric

We are going to visit him tonight because relatives have flown in from Arizona and Colorado to see our son. I am becoming disillusioned with the doctors. So many tests and no word on brain function. Without normal brain activity, he should be taken off life support. We just want to move on. His kidneys are failing now and he has pneumonia. His body is shutting down. I believe he died the day he fell in the bathroom and had no pulse. Please just let him go. Too many tears. This is so sad. God bless him.

Thank you for your support, each of you. ;(

• Thank you, Eric

We are going to visit him tonight because relatives have flown in from Arizona and Colorado to see our son. I am becoming disillusioned with the doctors. So many tests and no word on brain function. Without normal brain activity, he should be taken off life support. We just want to move on. His kidneys are failing now and he has pneumonia. His body is shutting down. I believe he died the day he fell in the bathroom and had no pulse. Please just let him go. Too many tears. This is so sad. God bless him.

Thank you for your support, each of you. ;(

So sorry! ;(