Prayers and/or Well Wishes Please

• My brother, Roger (57), is going in for open heart surgery on Monday (August 20). He has a calcified aortic valve and the surgeon is going to replace it with a mechanical heart valve. He is my only sibling and I am kind of stressed at not being able to be there for him physically as we are 1,000 miles away. He lives in Oregon and I live in California. If you would, please think of him and send positive thoughts and/or prayers on Monday morning. Surgery is at 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time. I know most of you are in a different time zone. Thanks so much ;):thumbup:

• My brother, Roger (57), is going in for open heart surgery on Monday (August 20). He has a calcified aortic valve and the surgeon is going to replace it with a mechanical heart valve. He is my only sibling and I am kind of stressed at not being able to be there for him physically as we are 1,000 miles away. He lives in Oregon and I live in California. If you would, please think of him and send positive thoughts and/or prayers on Monday morning. Surgery is at 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time. I know most of you are in a different time zone. Thanks so much ;):thumbup:

My prayers and thoughts are already on their way ;)

Thinking of your brother today!....;)

• Thinking of your brother today!....;)

Thank you, Noni! He is being operated on right now. The surgery will last about 5 to 6 hours. His wife is texting us any news she gets. I can't express how much the thoughts and prayers of my friends here means to me. God bless you all.

• Just heard from my sister-in-law, and my brother is out of surgery. The surgeon said he is doing great. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. You are all awesome! 8):thumbup: I can breathe now...

• My brother was extremely ill and hospitalised with a serious stroke a couple of years ago so I have some idea of the anxiety you've felt (he's fine now though with limited mobility). That's great news your brother is recovering well, good to hear.

Abandon all reason

• My brother was extremely ill and hospitalised with a serious stroke a couple of years ago so I have some idea of the anxiety you've felt (he's fine now though with limited mobility). That's great news your brother is recovering well, good to hear.

Thank you, my friend. Sorry to hear your brother had an awful stroke, but that he is now much better. :)

• Just heard from my sister-in-law, and my brother is out of surgery. The surgeon said he is doing great. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. You are all awesome! 8):thumbup: I can breathe now...

Sorry I did not reply earlier but have been away at my father's funeral. I am so glad that he is doing well. You and all your family will be so relieved. :love:

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Sorry I did not reply earlier but have been away at my father's funeral. I am so glad that he is doing well. You and all your family will be so relieved. :love:

Thanks, my friend. My brother is being move out of the ICU this morning and into his own room.

I lost my Dad at age 67. Way too young, but we have our memories of him, as I'm sure you do with your Dad :)

• Thanks for asking. Roger is back home, but very weak. He has to keep moving and build up his strength in his muscles and lungs after such a severe surgery. He's happy to be home though. He will need help getting in and out of the recliner they have borrowed for him. It's one of those that pushes the person out of the chair to a standing position, rather than having to use their arms to push themselves up. which puts pressure on the chest. He cannot exert himself in that way yet due to the surgical wound.

My mother and I are flying to Oregon on Saturday to help Roger and his wife in any way needed; ie, cooking meals, cleaning house, going on walks with Roger around their apartment complex. I can only be there for 4 days due to work responsibilities, but Mom might stay longer.

Thanks again for the well wishes! :)