What TV shows have you been watching ?

• I have been watching all seasons of The King Of Queens on Amazon Prime during the last few months. I will start watching Rich Man Poor Man from next week on. Bought the two seasons on dvd recently. I also consider getting the complete Onedin Line series on dvd for my birthday next month.

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• Good God, the Invisible Man is back on? The other 2 are frequent ITV4 programmes here in the UK, but I can't remember the last time I saw the Invisible Man! (What a terrible pun! ^^)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Good God, the Invisible Man is back on? The other 2 are frequent ITV4 programmes here in the UK, but I can't remember the last time I saw the Invisible Man! (What a terrible pun! ^^)

The Invisible Man I have on my hard drive. This show was from the 70s and stars David McCallum. This show could not of been a success as they only made 1 series including a pilot. Though I did like the character that palyed his wife at the time. ^^

• The Invisible Man I have on my hard drive. This show was from the 70s and stars David McCallum. This show could not of been a success as they only made 1 series including a pilot. Though I did like the character that palyed his wife at the time. ^^

Ah. I'd forgotten about that one, just looked it up on IMDB, one of the creators of the show was Steven Boccho, who about 6 years later would shake up the whole detective TV series world with the ground-breaking, and truly brilliant "Hill St. Blues".

But the series I meant was the 1959 one, which I only remember as a very small child. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051285/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Just started watching a new BBC drama series, Bodyguard. The opening sequence of it was absolutely humming with tension. Definitely going to be continuing with it.

Abandon all reason

I've now completed the whole 2 seasons of the New Avengers. 8)

Purdey ( Joanne Lumely ) Very lovely indeed :love:... Still have quite a soft spot for these old TV shows. Shame this did not take off the same way as the original series did!... I suppose the best era was with Emma Peel.:)

• I've never got this thing about Lumley. Never had the hots for her, then or now. I remember watching The New Avengers at the time, about 1976.

Coincidentally I was discussing The Avengers with Mrs Backdrifter earlier today. We saw part of a film starring Ian Hendry, and I was reminded he was the original lead character in The Avengers back in 1961. His fiancee is murdered, and a shadowy figure (Steed) asks him to assist with tracking down the killers and, yes, AVENGE her death. They then start working together. I've always been intrigued to see that first series, but I'm not sure how many episodes still exist. I gather it was a much darker show, wirh Steed as a more mysterious spook-like figure, who didn't always appear in every episode, the main focus being on the lead character Keel.

Of course it then adopted a lighter approach after Hendry left and by the time of the New Avengers it no longer bore any resemblance to the original show.

I also tend to think of Macnee as Sir Denis Eton-Hogg, the head of Polymer Records in This Is Spinal Tap!

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• I've been making my way through the Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi Doctor Whos on the BBC iPlayer.

I've also watched the first few episodes of the original (1950s) series of Quatermass & the Pit.

Still glued to Bodyguard, really compelling stuff.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

Just started Jack Ryan on amazon prime. Looks promising so far

• I waded through about 20 minutes of this thing last night, Monkman and Seagull. Some dead-eyed TV person had the idea of sending two former University Challenge contestants on a road trip around Britain. It's every bit as dull as it sounds. However, judging from the response on Twitter, people absolutely love it.

Abandon all reason

• I really enjoyed it, particularly the twist at the end with Nadia. My wife thought it was not as gripping as she hoped. As always there are so many unanswered questions.

What are your thoughts?

“Without music, life would be a mistake”