What TV shows have you been watching ?

• I really enjoyed it, particularly the twist at the end with Nadia. My wife thought it was not as gripping as she hoped. As always there are so many unanswered questions.

What are your thoughts?

It was maybe a little bit too conveniently wrapped up, the way his boss Craddock just immediately owned up to everything. Also, Home Sec Travis seemed to get away with everything while co-conspirator Hunter-Dunn took the fall... but I suppose not all the bad guys get their comeuppance. Plus I hear talk of a series 2 so he may yet get his.

Writer Jed Mercurio has a knack of producing over-the-top dramas that nevertheless hook you in. I remember getting addicted to Cardiac Arrest in the 90s, a very gritty medical drama drawn from his experiences as an NHS doctor. And the first thing I ever saw Helen Baxendale in, who I had a bit of a thing about then, in her role of Dr Claire Maitland. :love:

Abandon all reason

• I should also add, the whole bomb vest sequence was nail-biting through-the-fingers stuff, and I agree the Nadia revelation was a real twist. It was a compelling series from start to finish.

Abandon all reason

• I agree with you here, she's quite a stunner!... :)

Sorry, no idea how that blank message was sent.

She was lovely but even more so as the no-nonsense acid-tongued Maitland, she made my knees go weak.

Did you ever watch it? Thinking back to it now, it was quite ahead of its time in its uncompromising starkness. Medical dramas until then had usually been quite soapy but this was something new and different, and sometimes quite shocking. The death of a patient in one episode shook so many viewers the BBC had to make an on-screen statement about it. Friends and colleagues and I all discussed that scene and we all felt shaken by it!

Abandon all reason

• Sorry, no idea how that blank message was sent.

She was lovely but even more so as the no-nonsense acid-tongued Maitland, she made my knees go weak.

Did you ever watch it? Thinking back to it now, it was quite ahead of its time in its uncompromising starkness. Medical dramas until then had usually been quite soapy but this was something new and different, and sometimes quite shocking. The death of a patient in one episode shook so many viewers the BBC had to make an on-screen statement about it. Friends and colleagues and I all discussed that scene and we all felt shaken by it!

I have not seen this show.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is series 1 and I know you can get other series as well

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is series 1 and I know you can get other series as well

Whoa! Nice work and thanks! I'm saving that up for a binge watch some time soon.

Noni take note. HB is great in this as well as gorgeous. The show as I recall is not easy viewing, but brilliant. I think it got a bit soapier as it went on, but it was still a no-frills portrayal of the pressure of healthcare work in the NHS.

Abandon all reason

• I've binge-watched The Bisexual, all 6 episodes. Funny, sad, touching and with a very 'real' feel and well-drawn characters. I'm sorry to have finished it. I want more!

I'm also enjoying the repeats of Inside No.9 series 1.

Abandon all reason

• Sometime after tonight at 10pm, having recorded it off Dave, Zapped! Mainly for the outstanding work of Paul Kaye!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Sometime after tonight at 10pm, having recorded it off Dave, Zapped! Mainly for the outstanding work of Paul Kaye!

He is generally brilliant, a great actor who can be very funny but I've also seen him in quite menacing roles.

Remember Perfect World? A short-lived but very watchable series.

I haven't seen Zapped.

Abandon all reason

• He is generally brilliant, a great actor who can be very funny but I've also seen him in quite menacing roles.

Remember Perfect World? A short-lived but very watchable series.

I haven't seen Zapped.

Afraid Perfect World passed me by, will have to try and track it down.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Been watching this great concert from Paul McCartney

External Content www.youtube.com

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• The Mash Report on BBC2. Possibly the most nauseatingly smug, preachy “comedy” show I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch some of before switching over. Avoid it like the plague!

Dr Who "Arachnids in the UK" episode on BBC1 earlier wasn't bad though, although probably unwatchable for anyone who hates spiders.

• I watched baby-abduction drama The Cry, which was a tad over-directed but good enough to keep watching and I enjoyed the lead performance by Jenna Coleman.

I'm been watching Hong Kong based drama Strangers, in which John Simm's character goes to HK because he's just learned his wife has been killed there in a car crash while on business, only to learn she had a whole other family there and her death may not have been an accident.

I'm also watching journalism drama Press which is very entertaining so far.

Speaking of John Simm, we've dug out our dvd of the drama series State of Play, which we watch once every year or two. It's still one of my absolute favourite TV shows ever and is no less brilliant and compelling than when I first saw it 15 or 16 years ago.

Abandon all reason