What TV shows have you been watching ?

• I agree the new Doctor herself is working out well so far. I'm less sure about the companions and the quality of some of the stories. Yes today's was good, way better than last week's disappointment.

Do these stories cover the one episode or do they run over weeks like the old Doctor series did:?:

• And that's one thing I'm liking so far. I got tired of the ever-present 'story arc' during the Davies and Moffatt years, though I know some viewers think the opposite.

That's the same with me. If I miss a week it does not matter, I've already completed the story :)

• Just finished episode 4 and still don't know if I like it or not (I still find it a little confusing)

Re The Little Drummer Girl - I'm yet to watch ep4 and have been on the verge of just giving up, but a friend urged me to stick with it as he found it got better as it went on. So I'll carry on for now and blame him if I still don't like it.

Abandon all reason

• Re The Little Drummer Girl - I'm yet to watch ep4 and have been on the verge of just giving up, but a friend urged me to stick with it as he found it got better as it went on. So I'll carry on for now and blame him if I still don't like it.

I've still got episodes 5 & 6 to watch - hopefully by the end of the week I will get a chance

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Finished watching I'm A Celebrity Get Me out of Here plus Extra Camp.... Personally I'm not into reality shows, but this does entertain me and quite funny too!.....

Harry Redknapp has become king of the jungle ( Ex-West Ham and Spurs Manager) :)

• Finally watched all of The Little Drummer Girl and still don't know whether I liked it or not :(

At this stage I'm not sure I'm going to see the rest of it. I must be pretty unmotivated, I can't even remember which episode I reached (I think 4) and that was 2-3 weeks ago, and I haven't returned to it. I think that's a fair indication of how gripped I am by it!

Meanwhile by contrast, coming as usual very late to things I have just discovered Catastrophe on the All4 player, and raced through the first series, now on to the second. Very funny , with terrific natural rhythm to the dialogue and great chemistry between the two leads, who are also the writers.

I also enjoyed the first episode of afterlife sitcom The Good Place.

Abandon all reason

• I've been rewatching the original "Star Trek" from the very beginning - I'm 5 episodes in so far.

It's when you watch it again after not having watched it for a while that you realize what an audacious show it was when it first came out. The very first episodes came out 52 years ago. Of course, by today's standards, the effects are dated, but the actual stories are still good.

I'm about to encounter Harry Mudd for the first time... 8)^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• ...I also caught the first "Austin Powers" film on TV after not seeing it for quite a while.

I remember when I first saw it in the theater - that film and "There's Something About Mary" are probably the two films where I laughed the loudest and the most often while I was watching them in the theater. :D

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• OMG!! Just watched an episode of Married with Children, not the first time and love this show:) ... Along with Cheers, Seinfeld and Frasier, has to be one of the best American comedy shows out there. Could even compare to Faulty Towers with this sarcastic humour ^^

• Xmas TV on the UK terrestrial channels has been pretty bad this year.

There was a new CGI adaptation of Watership Down where all the rabbits looked indistinguishable from each other & the story was changed for no good - or even apparent - reason.

There’s a grim, drab Agatha Christie mystery trying to shoehorn lectures about fascism into a murder mystery. I watched the first episode but now I've finished the ironing there's nothing to keep me awake throughout the next 2, so I might not bother.

Basically there’s been nothing worth watching apart from the Upstart Crow Xmas special.

• Xmas TV on the UK terrestrial channels has been pretty bad this year.

There was a new CGI adaptation of Watership Down where all the rabbits looked indistinguishable from each other & the story was changed for no good - or even apparent - reason.

There’s a grim, drab Agatha Christie mystery trying to shoehorn lectures about fascism into a murder mystery. I watched the first episode but now I've finished the ironing there's nothing to keep me awake throughout the next 2, so I might not bother.

Basically there’s been nothing worth watching apart from the Upstart Crow Xmas special.

What did you thnk of an Upstart Crow Christmas Carol? I was disappointed. Stick to Shakespeare & leave Dickens out of it. They could have done a Twelfth Night theme.

• What did you thnk of an Upstart Crow Christmas Carol? I was disappointed. Stick to Shakespeare & leave Dickens out of it. They could have done a Twelfth Night theme.

It seemed an appropriate subject to be shown on Xmas Day but I thought it wasn't as sharp as most of the preceding episodes, perhaps because after the initial Marley’s/Marlowe’s ghost joke it was rather predictable since the plot of Christmas Carol is so well known. But given the competition, it was still the most watchable thing on TV over Xmas. For me, the comments about public transport in the UK & the luvvie-ness of actors are the highlights of any episode of Upstart Crow.

The 2nd part of that Agatha Christie mystery was as turgid as the first.

• The 2nd part of that Agatha Christie mystery was as turgid as the first

I am recording all three episodes with the view of watching them all together. We love Agatha Christie as a family so hoping it will not be as bad as you say.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Also I have never seen any of Upstart Crow what is it like?

If you’ve seen any Shakespeare plays you can enjoy it & the more you know the funnier it is - I should know since my mum loved Shakespeare & I’d been dragged to see “Hamlet” 8 times by the age of 14! But David Mitchell (Shakespeare) is basically himself in a 16th-century setting so there’s lots of references to contemporary problems like public transport, which he frequently rants about as a commuter between London & Stratford-on-Avon, corruption, government incompetence etc. There’s also the ongoing gag of him being amazed or offended whenever the rest of the cast criticise his work for what everyone who's ever studied his plays at school knows is typical Shakespeare: long-winded obscure dialogue, unfunny comedy scenes, unconvincing cross-dressing, etc. Worth watching if you’ve never seen it.

As for the Agatha Christie serial I’m no expert, but it’s not like most past dramatisations, in fact she’d hardly recognise such a dark, sluggish adaptation of her work.