What TV shows have you been watching ?

• Its gripping and the acting first class. Highlights the corruption at the top of police and local government and any empathy goes to those living without hope and emeshed into the spiral of drug taking and selling as the only way of life known. What happened to Frank's son at the end of season 2? Hope some loose ends are covered in next 2 seasons.

I couldn't put it better. It also emphasises how plodding the system is. In other shows and films, wiretaps and other law-enforcement actions seem to just happen instantaneously. The Wire depicts the administrative struggle involved at each step.

Some of the best characters I've ever seen on TV are from that one show - McNulty, Bubbles, Omar, Mouzone. Bubbles especially - in any other setting he'd be the shambling druggie making an occasional appearance. The Wire shows he's a real person, a human being trying to deal with his circumstances as best he can, just as we all do. His story continues throughout and for me is one of the lynchpins of the whole show.

Re Frank's son, you mean Ziggy? Spoiler alert for anyone intending to watch it - as I recall we last see him heading off to start his prison sentence for killing 'Double G'.

There are elements of continuity through the remaining seasons but don't expect every loose end to be tied up. I think this is a show that's forthright about life not always being that neat and tidy!

Abandon all reason

• Did anyone see the documentary “Rock ‘n’ Roll Island” about Eel Pie Island in the Thames on BBC4 last night? It was amazing to learn how many bands & artists either performed there or just milled around in the crowd in the 1960s before they were famous: the Stones, Bowie, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Rod Stewart etc. With reminiscences from many famous contributors, including Steve Hackett lamenting how his 16-year old self never got any of the free love allegedly going on there, much as he’d have liked some! ;)

• I have started going going through the box set on BBC iplayer, Death in Paradise. I have watched the last couple of series but now it is good to go back to the start and see the different characters that played the main roles. Really enjoying it :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Just finished the 2nd season of Afterlife, with Ricky Gervais.

To be honest I was never a fan of the Office or Derek. But Life Too short and AfterLife are probably Ricky's best works he's done for TV.

The 2nd series is better then the first and shows Ricky with the full of emotion character with the loss of his wife. The series carries on with the last but opens up nicely with a full track from the Carpenters. With that alone can shed a tear, specially when they show the clips at the beginning of this series, showing all the characters in the series.. LOL!!!

This series ends on a happy note and if Ricky decides not to carry on with the series for another 3rd episode, then you are satisfied how it ended. However, Ricky is very cleverly left the plot open.

There is lots of comedy, emotion and friendship which you can relate to.... I highly recommend those that have not seen it, it well worth watching.

Definitely a :thumbup: from me...:)

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• Now just one episode of Homeland left as it reaches its conclusion. The tension and intrigue is wonderful, and I love all the political twists and turns. I'll be sorry it's ending but it's a remarkable achievement to have sustained such quality over 8 seasons.

Along with Pointless I daily record House of Games, pretty much the only two quiz shows I watch. They're enjoyable and good fun while also assuming a bit of intelligence in their contestants and audience.

Abandon all reason

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The opening to the 2nd series of Afterlife with the Carpenters track. .

• I enjoyed the last ever episode of Homeland, as usual it had some tense scenes and opened with a great callback to the very start of the show's history.

DEVS is interesting. I've been watching this on the BBC iplayer. It starts with a young man inducted into a very secretive department of a high-tech AI company. He doesn't even know what he's supposed to do but is told not to worry, he'll understand. He stares at the lists of codes on his screen and realises what's going on... he looks terrified and runs off, nearly on the verge of a breakdown, not believing what they are doing. At this stage we the viewers still don't know what it is he saw! Things then take a very dark turn...

Halfway through, 4 more episodes to go.

Abandon all reason

• I enjoyed the last ever episode of Homeland, as usual it had some tense scenes and opened with a great callback to the very start of the show's history.

DEVS is interesting. I've been watching this on the BBC iplayer. It starts with a young man inducted into a very secretive department of a high-tech AI company. He doesn't even know what he's supposed to do but is told not to worry, he'll understand. He stares at the lists of codes on his screen and realises what's going on... he looks terrified and runs off, nearly on the verge of a breakdown, not believing what they are doing. At this stage we the viewers still don't know what it is he saw! Things then take a very dark turn...

Halfway through, 4 more episodes to go.

That's on my radar to watch....just finishing off the Death In Paradise series at the moment

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Been watching more TV than usual lately. Don't know why!! Have re watched all series of Merlin. Getting through the Star Trek films and currently gripped by Killing Eve . Halfway through second series.

• Watching Prog From Home on YouTube. Watch if you can. Just started. Many great bands and artists

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Watching Prog From Home on YouTube. Watch if you can. Just started. Many great bands and artists

External Content m.youtube.com

Isn't that stretching the definition of 'TV show'....? 😜

Abandon all reason