What TV shows have you been watching ?

• I'm watching Cobra Kai on netflix.

Improbably, it's a continuation of The Karate Kid (of all things) and even more improbably it's quite good. It's a fairly adult continuation with the same actors as the movie. The whole thing is strange because the movie was a real feel good 80s kid kind of thing and this the same characters but older and with booze and swearing.... But the same innocent morality. If that makes sense. Using the same actors is what makes it work because there's a real sense of a lot of water under the bridge that can't be faked or produced.

• I'm watching Cobra Kai on netflix.

Improbably, it's a continuation of The Karate Kid (of all things) and even more improbably it's quite good. It's a fairly adult continuation with the same actors as the movie. The whole thing is strange because the movie was a real feel good 80s kid kind of thing and this the same characters but older and with booze and swearing.... But the same innocent morality. If that makes sense. Using the same actors is what makes it work because there's a real sense of a lot of water under the bridge that can't be faked or produced.

Just finished season 2. I agree that it's improbably good. Great to see the original actors too.

• We also finished 2 seasons of the Netflix series 'Dead To Me' with Christina Applegate. It's a comedy-drama with lots if twists and turns. The plot deals with a woman and mother who just lost her husband in a car crash. Funny enough, there's lots of laughs. I recommend you watch it. ;)

• We also finished 2 seasons of the Netflix series 'Dead To Me' with Christina Applegate. It's a comedy-drama with lots if twists and turns. The plot deals with a woman and mother who just lost her husband in a car crash. Funny enough, there's lots of laughs. I recommend you watch it. ;)

How is she looking these days? Yes, a very shallow question I know, but that's me.

Abandon all reason

• Started watching 'Away' on netflix. Fine visuals but boy do they lay it on thick. Cloying is an appropriate adjective. It's not as bad as The Loop (because to be fair, nothing could ever possibly be) but it could be so much better. Maybe it will get better.

• Started watching 'Away' on netflix. Fine visuals but boy do they lay it on thick. Cloying is an appropriate adjective. It's not as bad as The Loop (because to be fair, nothing could ever possibly be) but it could be so much better. Maybe it will get better.

Looking forward to next season.

Other good Netflix series are Dead To Me, Cobra Kai, Ozark, Schitt's Creek, Locke and Key, Virgin River.

Currently watching High Seas. Unfortunately, it was originally in French, now dubbed in English. At least there are no subtitles. LOL

• Looking forward to next season.

Other good Netflix series are Dead To Me, Cobra Kai, Ozark, Schitt's Creek, Locke and Key, Virgin River.

Currently watching High Seas. Unfortunately, it was originally in French, now dubbed in English. At least there are no subtitles. LOL

I'll stick with it so, I've only seen the first three episodes.

Cobra kai - phenomenal tv. Could not believe it when I heard the concept, and the karate kid is one of the last 80s movies I would have thought needed a continuation tv show. But boy does it work. I thought it was masterful. They mined the > 30 year time lapse and balanced it with fresh faces absolutely perfectly. The old cast seems all in. Can't wait for the next season.

• “Mystify” a documentary about Michael Hutchence of INXS, re-shown on BBC4. An odd combination: it was overlong & the first part dragged, but the second part was the proverbial slow-motion car-crash footage where you know what’s coming but you can’t stop watching.

• Not sure where Top Gear is going with this new line up:?:

I was a huge fan of this series and now they disappoint me.

Like wise, Question of Sport are to drop their key members. :(:cursing:

Comedy is the key in UK and the new BBC have lost it now. :(

• Not sure where Top Gear is going with this new line up:?:

I was a huge fan of this series and now they disappoint me.

Down the pan! Don't like Paddy or Freddie, but to be honest, and I'm being serious, it's been rubbish since William Woolard left. Incidentally, there used to be an occasional presenter, also a journalist and on other motoring shows, called Mike Rutherford. He was OK, actually.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Down the pan! Don't like Paddy or Freddie, but to be honest, and I'm being serious, it's been rubbish since William Woolard left. Incidentally, there used to be an occasional presenter, also a journalist and on other motoring shows, called Mike Rutherford. He was OK, actually.

William Woollard! I remember him from Tomorrow's World but never having been a Top Gear viewer I don't recall him on that show. I remember that sneery sounding bloke - Quentin Willson? And a woman who I think pre-dated both of them. Whenever I caught a glimpse of it during its Clarkson years I couldn't stomach the sheer blokeyness of it, as well as having an audience behind them, their grinning faces in full view. I can't stand seeing the general public on TV at the best of times.

During Match of the Day last weekend there was a trailer for Top Gear - I suppose they think it's the same constituency. It was like pure concentrated distilled Essence of Bloke 🤢

Abandon all reason

• Oh, and re presenter Mike Rutherford, if it wasn't for the fact that Labour MP Tony Banks died some time ago, they could've teamed up with visual artist Phil Collins (or journalist Philip Collins) to form a band.

Abandon all reason

• William Woollard! I remember him from Tomorrow's World but never having been a Top Gear viewer I don't recall him on that show. I remember that sneery sounding bloke - Quentin Willson? And a woman who I think pre-dated both of them. Whenever I caught a glimpse of it during its Clarkson years I couldn't stomach the sheer blokeyness of it, as well as having an audience behind them, their grinning faces in full view. I can't stand seeing the general public on TV at the best of times.

During Match of the Day last weekend there was a trailer for Top Gear - I suppose they think it's the same constituency. It was like pure concentrated distilled Essence of Bloke 🤢

Yes, Woolard did Tomorrow's World too, and he was a presenter for the BBC coverage of the RAC Rally which often started and was run from Chester, I remember him being at Rally HQ at the Queen hotel just outside the railway station in 1981.

Quentin Wilson was a bit "knowall" but at least he actually did know something.

I saw the trailer you mean, and yes, TV for morons, no offense to anyone here who likes. :)

If you want interesting, humorous and accurate "TV" about cars, I recommend John Cadogan on YouTube. He's an Aussie, so the humour is quite "in your face", but he does his research, and I think I've only once ever disagreed with him. Top bloke, no essence!

Ian

• Oh, and re presenter Mike Rutherford, if it wasn't for the fact that Labour MP Tony Banks died some time ago, they could've teamed up with visual artist Phil Collins (or journalist Philip Collins) to form a band.

Since I've mentioned rallying, There is also a rally driver called Phil Collins. Used to drive a pink Ford Sierra Cosworth sponsored by Mr Tomkinson's Carpets, I think the colour is part of their trade mark.

Here's my favourite clip of Phil in "action":

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ian

• Down the pan! Don't like Paddy or Freddie, but to be honest, and I'm being serious, it's been rubbish since William Woolard left. Incidentally, there used to be an occasional presenter, also a journalist and on other motoring shows, called Mike Rutherford. He was OK, actually.

I can see that if if you're into cars you would have liked it back then . Top Gear stopped being about cars and became a semi scripted sit com come chat show a very long time ago centred around around cars and 3 middle aged arrogant men mucking about. I quite liked it!! Never could stand JC but a least he liked Genesis and slightly less obnoxious than Chris Evans. Havent seen much of later series but I've seen adverts for new series looks ok I might give it a go.

• Never could stand JC but a least he liked Genesis and slightly less obnoxious than Chris Evans.

Hmmmm.... Well of course we have our own views and on this one we'll have to simply disagree. Not that I'm particularly an Evans fan but in comparison Clarkson is King Obnoxious (at least his chosen public persona is). And with a far more unsophisticatedly juvenile sense of "humour".

Abandon all reason

• Hmmmm.... Well of course we have our own views and on this one we'll have to simply disagree. Not that I'm particularly an Evans fan but in comparison Clarkson is King Obnoxious (at least his chosen public persona is). And with a far more unsophisticatedly juvenile sense of "humour".

Clarkson is a bollocks.