What TV shows have you been watching ?

• This last week I watched drama series The Tourist on the BBC iplayer. It starts with a man driving in a remote Australian region who is then chased by a huge truck which rams him off the road. He then wakes up in hospital with no memory of the crash and doesn't even know who he is.

Yes, not an original premise - amnesiac must piece together who they are and what's happened - who pushed him off the road and why? But it's handled in a very compelling way with little clues coming together to build up the picture and is a nice mix of drama, tension and humour. The central character is played by Jamie Dornan who as usual is very good. Also I like that it's just 6 episodes and doesn't leave much room for continuing, that appears to be it done and dusted so I hope they don't try to make a 2nd series.

If you can access it I recommend it as very good entertainment.

The trouble is, apparently, that "knock on the head gives you amnesia" plot line is just not true. It's in lots of plots, but it's based on nothing.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• The trouble is, apparently, that "knock on the head gives you amnesia" plot line is just not true. It's in lots of plots, but it's based on nothing.

Agreed. In this show, while a severe crash appears to trigger the amnesia it's also implied there are other more psychological trauma-related factors involved, which is closer to reality but I'm getting close to spoilering. In any case, I found it very enjoyable.

Abandon all reason

• I was going partly by their not playing either Wembley venue in 82 but it'd work for 81. I still don't get how she re-entered but I'll watch the show to see.

She only reentered to the bar, apparently.

Ian

• Over the weekend

The final series of After Life   with Ricky Gervais.....Great show.

The Graham Norton Show

Would I Lie To You

I Just Told You So with Jimmy Carr

• Just finished Cobra Kai season 4.

12/10. It is ridiculously good. Once in a blue moon a show comes along that has narcotic properties, and this is 100% one. It's not like I was even a fan of the movies in the 80s but how they mined that material to generate this show is truly breathtaking.

• I have never, ever, ever in my entire life yelped in fright at any movie or tv scene. I've jumped, I've felt very tense (exorcist, paranormal activity etc) but I've never made an audible sound of terror at something I've seen on screen.

I just did watching a show called Archive 81 on Netflix. Episode 3. Fucking terrifying.

• Another episode of Would I lie to You. Great Show!

Cannot get enough of this show, very funny and great guests. This show does not justify being a half hour, way too short and you can tell the editing.

• Cannot get enough of this show, very funny and great guests. This show does not justify being a half hour, way too short and you can tell the editing.

Not sure if you know, or if you can hear it anywhere, but this TV show is based on a BBC radio show called "The Unbelievable Truth" for which David Mitchell is the chairman.

Ian