What TV shows have you been watching ?

• No, part of the reason it works so well is being restricted to 30 mins. Keeps it fresh. Any longer, it'd lose some of its spark.

I forgot there's also a bonus round made up from the series, that takes place at the end of the series. :)

• Really had a blast last night watching the latest South Park episode, then the new Star Trek Discovery episode, then the opener of Star Trek Picard season 2.

South Park episode "Back to Cold War" is hilarious piece of comedy that unites a serious message with SP's trademark humour. For the record, it shows Mr Mackey listening to "Games Without Frontiers" on his old ghetto blaster, Putin dancing to Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Two Tribes", and ends with a quotation of Sting's "Russians": we share the same biology regardless of ideology - followed by a short fake snippet of the song going "I hope the Russians get diarrhea too".

Discovery episode "Rosetta" was pretty cool too this time, and the new Picard was amazing: Picard and Seven of Nine together with Guinan, Q and the Borg Queen in one episode - how much better can it get? 8)

• The Ipcress File. Excellent attention to detail regards making it fit the era, (1963), and seems like a worth-doing remake of Michael Caine's film.

Harry Palmer mentioned being educated at Charterhouse in ep. 1!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Would I Lie To You. Finally the bonus part. :):thumbup:

The Outlaws with Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken...Great show!.... Comedy, Drama, Thriller...8):thumbup:

• I didn't get on with Outlaws. I watched the first 2 episodes and felt no urge to continue with it. I kind of get its appeal, and part of me feels I should like it. Eleanor T looks great in it. But it somehow fell flat. There was excitement about Walken's presence, and I was intrigued but I thought he seemed out of place, like he'd been crowbarred in simply because they could get him. Fair do's to him for going outside his usual sphere though.

Abandon all reason

• I didn't get on with Outlaws. I watched the first 2 episodes and felt no urge to continue with it. I kind of get its appeal, and part of me feels I should like it. Eleanor T looks great in it. But it somehow fell flat. There was excitement about Walken's presence, and I was intrigued but I thought he seemed out of place, like he'd been crowbarred in simply because they could get him. Fair do's to him for going outside his usual sphere though.

I think it works because most of the characters are out of place especially Christopher Walken.

• Watched the fourth season of Stranger Things. It's good. The actors are getting a bit old to be school kids but maybe that's an incorrect perception on my part, as I don't actually know how old they are.

Regardless, the show making is of generally high quality. Well written. It's quite dark and scary compared to what I recall of the earlier seasons, but I haven't rewatched them since their original release. Heavy use of Running Up That Hill which was cool. As always they rely heavily on Stephen King's work (the whole thing is a first degree relative of It) with unsubtle riffs on Carrie this time around.

• Just finished watching The Unforgotten, a British crime drama series. Now watching Bosch, also a crime drama, but American. Before that, it was The Lincoln Lawyer. The same author wrote both Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer characters in a series of books. Apparently they were half brothers, sharing the same father. All these are highly recommended.

• On the FreeVee network, watching the making of Steely Dan's Aja album. Those guys were pure class, real geniuses.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also, on the FreeVee network; Hired Gun, a documentary about 'A' list session players who live and breathe music. An amazing retrospective on how things get done in the music industry.

Hired Gun (trailer)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've started rewatching Dark and within the first ten minutes of the first episode, I'm reminded of how everytime I see a comment about it being the best show on Netflix I think 'yes, it is! I should watch it again!'. It's the best show on Netflix.

• Watched the fourth season of Stranger Things. It's good. The actors are getting a bit old to be school kids but maybe that's an incorrect perception on my part, as I don't actually know how old they are.

Regardless, the show making is of generally high quality. Well written. It's quite dark and scary compared to what I recall of the earlier seasons, but I haven't rewatched them since their original release. Heavy use of Running Up That Hill which was cool. As always they rely heavily on Stephen King's work (the whole thing is a first degree relative of It) with unsubtle riffs on Carrie this time around.

I've just started watching this series. Finished series 1 and 2 episodes into series 2. Cannot wait for series 4 as the track ' Running Up That Hill' is well included throughout that series.

I love the fact this show is set in the 80's, a great period in my life.

Series 1 was really good and though this programme is centred around the kids, I thought each and every single one of them acted very well indeed!...Winona Ryder role was equally superb.

• Have just finished the TV series Stranger Things up to Series 4 Part 1. What a cliff hanger in the end and cannot wait for Part 2 of Season 4 to conclude this series. Supposed to be showing at beginning of this July.:)

I like the way the 2 writers have developed different stories amongst the characters, which in the end are all connected to the same plot. It leads towards the stories to be very interesting indeed and never a dull moment!...

I believe a Series 5 will be released at the end of this year too!..:):thumbup:

Edited 4 times, last by Noni ().