Introducing the "Track Of The Week"

• Official Post

Dear all,

we will introduce a new weekly section shortly (possibly first week of September). The Track Of The Week will present a new track every week from either Genesis or its solo careers. The idea is to rate this track and to discuss the track with others.

Rating:

We will have a 15 points rating system, with 15 points as best possible option.

15: oustanding

14: very good

13: very good -

12: good +

11: good

10: good -

09: satisfactory +

08: satisfactory

07: satisfactory +-

06: sufficient +

05: sufficient

04: sufficient -

03: poor +

02: poor

01: poor -

00: deficient

Although we will present a new track of the week frequently, the polls / rating option will remain open. So you can always rate "older" TotW, in case you haven't done it yet.

We will always discuss studio versions-

To rate a track, you may apply one of the following aspects

a) personal taste

b) track in the context of the band's / artist's history

c) music skills / songwriting

d) other aspects that may be important for you

exchange your opinion with others and learn more about the tracks (an introduction text will be made available with every track)

• Official Post

Just for your information - we are currently setting up the list of tracks for 2018, so we will continue with the Track Of The Week shortly. In the meantime all polls are still open! SO you can vote for all previous tracks of the week

• Official Post

In the German forum we recently had the 500th track of the week.

So there is some kind of record / experience. It's always a mix with solo and genesis songs. And a little bit of "let's see what works best". So, no pattern :)

• Official Post

Thanks for asking ...

actually, I need some time to prepare the next bunch of tracks. This section is running for 10 years in our German forum, so there's no reason why it should't be possible here.

I will try to start this again asap

• Having a spare half hour on this very cold dark snowy Highland afternoon, I had a look through the Track Of The Week entries and determined the following stats.

Barring the current TOTW (Cinema Show) there seem to be 100 live entries, despite a post elsewhere listing 119 tracks so I presume some tracks have been removed?

The split of tracks among the 100 is:

43 Genesis

15 PG

11 PC

8 SH

6 TB

6 MR

4 RW

4 AP

2 Brand X

1 Sound Of Contact

Going on the simple basis of number of posts per track thread, the top 10 most discussed tracks are:

1 Squonk (over 60 posts across 2 separate threads)

2 Congo

3 Hogweed

=4 Duchess

=4 A Place Called Freedom

5 Paperlate

6 Blood On The Rooftops

7 Mama

=8 Moonlit Knight

=8 Eleventh Earl

=8 No Son

=8 Tonight

Other than Squonk the only track to exceed 40 posts in a single thread was Congo. Congratulations (?!) to Hackett for being the only one to have one of the most discussed tracks outside of the band.

The least discussed tracks, each with fewer than 5 posts were:

Not Coming Down

The Court

Hierophant

We Fly So Close

The Letter

Nightmare

Constantly Reminded

(the last two each have just 2 replies)

If you got this far, thanks for reading my completely pointless exercise.