TotW 11/24/2018 - 11/30/2018: GENESIS - The Lamia

• I missed this first time around so I'll give my rating here. I love this song, the atmosphere is so rich and the song does 'dramatic' just perfectly. The shift in tone when the drum kicks in before the chorus and the subtle change in tone as the song progresses. All of them at the top of their game. It's the best of what the lamb is about imo. 15.

• I missed this first time around so I'll give my rating here. I love this song, the atmosphere is so rich and the song does 'dramatic' just perfectly. The shift in tone when the drum kicks in before the chorus and the subtle change in tone as the song progresses. All of them at the top of their game. It's the best of what the lamb is about imo. 15.

agree, but I'd say 13 points is okay for ths track (also in comparison with others).

Funny, I listened to Steve's version with Nik Kershaw yesterday and thought that's a pretty good version as well!

• I'm a bit late to the party too, but I just saw this thread...

I rate it as a 10. I've never quite got this track in the way that many others seem to.

Personally, I think there are 2 better songs on side 3, let alone the whole album.

For me, Anyway does what Lamia does, but much better.

• My favourite part in that song is the little interlude right before the last verse where Tony doubles the piano line with the ARP and puts Hammond chords behind.

I love this section, too! I think it shows Tony's influence from the Romantic/Impressionistic composers. Perfect blend of keyboard sounds here!