13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 point - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

MIKE + THE MECHANICS - The Letter

Year: 2017

Album: Let Me Fly [album review]

Working title: unknown

Credits: Clark Datchler, Patrick Mascall, Andrew Roachford, Mike Rutherford, Mark Taylor

Lyrics: .

Length: 4:55

Musicians: (tba)

Played Live: never

mp3 downloads:

Cover versions: none

Notes: Six years almost to the day passed before Mike Rutherford brought out the successor to The Road. Let Me Fly is the second album of the new-formed Mechanics with new singers Tim Howar and Andrew Roachford. We have picked the first song of the album as the Track Of The Week. Regardless of what you think about The Letter, it is a good start into the album.

In his review of the album Christian ventures to state that The Letter may be the best song on the album. Is it, or is ist just a rehash of old Mechanics sounds and recycled ideas from Silent Running?

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread.

If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

...cried a voice in the crowd.

• I gave it a 10 - Interesting song. Not my fave on the album. Like 'Turn It On Again' I wondered if this song would benefit from being speeded up a little??

I know there's online technology available to do that these days.

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."