• Hey. I'm sorry if it's been discussed before. But I've just been working through Gabriel back catalogue and I remembered early discussion to reform for Lamb concerts.

I've just learnt I've got only a few years before my heart gives up, and I just wonder if there's any news about Gabriel, Banks and Rutherford at least may reform to play it ? I thought it didn't happen before coz Collins wouldn't work with Gabriel, well now Collins ill , couldn't Chester fill in. I'm not sure if Hackett is interested or needed. Really it's Peter Gabriel is the vocal, so is essential..

It would be news to keep me going. God I'd love to see it ...

• It was discussed (in 2005?) but it all quickly fizzled out. I don't think it was due to any Gabriel/Collins schism, though. As I understand it, Gabriel regarded the meeting as discussing whether to do it, while the others all thought it was agreed and they were there to discuss how and when to do it. PG decided that due to other projects he couldn't commit to it, and the others decided since they'd had the meeting they might as well look at doing a 3+2 tour. Which of course all left poor old Hackett out in the cold - if it were proposed again and agreed, I feel sure he'd do it.

I still feel furious at PG about that decision. He said he had a new album to finish but of course nothing's happened except him re-heating old stuff. That was clearly the optimum time for a Lamb tour and he torpedoed it. The others always trot out the "never say never" line, which was always shaky at best but it's now become compromised by Collins's health. That said, here he is touring and adding more dates. But if it were to be a Lamb tour - and I share your yearning for that - he would need to be drumming, which he can't do. So if it did happen, at most I'd see him doing some guest vocals while someone else was on drums. I don't think it'd be CT though.

Very sorry to learn of your health news. My word, that's how to introduce yourself to a forum with a bang! I'm sorry I can't greet you with more a more positive reaction to your very understandable desire. I hope you can hang around to join in with the various Genesis discussions though.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• They met in 2004 to discuss the possibility of reforming, 4 were up for it but as usual, Gabriel balked. Hackett always maintained that if PG didn't do it, he would follow suit so that left the 3 of them and they decided to reform in what turned out to be the 'Turn it on Again' tour in 2007.

Gabriel is frustrating in his refusals to join up with them again but it is the past to him and he prefers it stay in the past.