Can we get 300 members by Christmas?

• Having moderated the old forum, which had upwards of 3000 members, 99% of whom, literally, never posted, I'd opt for quality over quantity. (And frankly, we have members here who don't post).

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• Having moderated the old forum, which had upwards of 3000 members, 99% of whom, literally, never posted, I'd opt for quality over quantity. (And frankly, we have members here who don't post).

I agree!! :thumbup:

• I read this and had a vision of Phil Collins in a very loud yellow jacket coming out of my TV screen:

"Get me ten more members by Christmas! Get me 18 million dollars by the weekend! Stretch forth your hands and TYPE!"

:saint:

...cried a voice in the crowd.

• In times of Facebook etc it seems harder to keep a forum running. We have similar experiences in our German forum (which is still running well after all these years), but for me it is worth the time and energy. Facebook threads disappear very quickly, when forum threads remain alive longer.

• I seriously dislike Facebook for a range of reasons but even just on the simple basis of its being a social medium I don't like it. I was on it briefly then gave up. I prefer a forum like this any day.

Abandon all reason

• I seriously dislike Facebook for a range of reasons but even just on the simple basis of its being a social medium I don't like it. I was on it briefly then gave up. I prefer a forum like this any day.

Same here, except I never succumbed.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• Hi all,

This is my first post, although I have followed the forum for a while. Having semi-retired I have decided to throw the odd tuppenyworth into the mix and have answered the call to get three hundred members by Christmas.

I've followed all things Genesis (unless it gets too middle of the road) ever since asking my mate at school in 1978 why he had written "Supper's Ready" on his pencil case. Within days I was tapping the opening morse code of Watcher on my pencil case.

Will post more later today, assuming this one works!

Cheers.