Has there ever been another artist...

• Just a thought/observation: Has there ever been an artist whose "new" albums have such a high proportion of archival material as Ant?

I have 25 Ant albums, and over a third are in some way collections of archival material. He was releasing archival material as early as his third album (the first PP&P)! He even has more than one type or level of archival material -- "normal" archival stuff (as on some of the PP&P collections), "really" archival stuff (the ARCHIVE COLLECTIONs), and library music.

He has sort of a unique solo career in that way, doesn't he?

Such are the times we live in, that talking about what's really going on will make you sound crazy.

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• It isn't something I had thought of before, though I have to say I am always intrigued when I read the liner notes and see details about a track that was composed or recorded while he was still in Genesis or working with Mike on sessions for G&TG..

He probably records a lot of stuff for his library music, material he is contracted to produce - some of it is accepted, not all of it, and that probably leaves him with a lot of recorded material that he can either refurbish or release at a later date.

• He probably records a lot of stuff for his library music, material he is contracted to produce - some of it is accepted, not all of it, and that probably leaves him with a lot of recorded material that he can either refurbish or release at a later date.

I also think that's a good explanation. I am on the one hand fascinated by the load of material he produces, but on the other hand - wouldn't it be nice to hear a proper rock / prog album by Ant again?