Has there ever been another artist...

• Just a thought/observation: Has there ever been an artist whose "new" albums have such a high proportion of archival material as Ant?

I have 25 Ant albums, and over a third are in some way collections of archival material. He was releasing archival material as early as his third album (the first PP&P)! He even has more than one type or level of archival material -- "normal" archival stuff (as on some of the PP&P collections), "really" archival stuff (the ARCHIVE COLLECTIONs), and library music.

He has sort of a unique solo career in that way, doesn't he?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• It isn't something I had thought of before, though I have to say I am always intrigued when I read the liner notes and see details about a track that was composed or recorded while he was still in Genesis or working with Mike on sessions for G&TG..

He probably records a lot of stuff for his library music, material he is contracted to produce - some of it is accepted, not all of it, and that probably leaves him with a lot of recorded material that he can either refurbish or release at a later date.

• He probably records a lot of stuff for his library music, material he is contracted to produce - some of it is accepted, not all of it, and that probably leaves him with a lot of recorded material that he can either refurbish or release at a later date.

I also think that's a good explanation. I am on the one hand fascinated by the load of material he produces, but on the other hand - wouldn't it be nice to hear a proper rock / prog album by Ant again?