Tony Banks remasters/Cherry Red [slight update]

• So we've all been waiting for Cherry Red Records/Esoteric to finish releasing Tony Bank's solo catalog. They started with "A Chord Too Far", and then released great editions of Curious Feeling and Fugitive. But then they just stopped. It's been years and nothing to report. Well, today as I was lamenting that fact and tweeting at Esoteric/Cherry Red, I found a Spotify playlist that Tony Banks's group had put together. So I looked at what songs they chose, and sure enough, there were tracks from Banksstatement, Still & Strictly, Inc. Previously Spotify only had the first two albums, and a Chord Too Far. So at some point the other albums were added. Here's the interesting part. Each album says "Copyright Cherry Red Records". Which means Cherry Red DID indeed BUY the rights to all of the albums, just as Tony said in the interview on http://www.genesis-news.com. And while they haven't released them for purchase, it appears they HAVE released them for streaming. In that same interview, Tony says "I did the remixes with Nick Davis. We’ve already done A Curious Feeling, so that was improved quite a bit when we did that. We then did mainly work on The Fugitive and Bankstatement.". So my question is "is Banksstatement" on Spotify, the original recording or the Nick Davis remasters? I'm not sophisticated enough of an audiophile to figure that out. But I played my original recording against the Spotify version and the Spotify version does sound a bit richer and fuller. ANyone else want to compare? Also, while this isn't a full release, it DOES mean Cherry Red is doing SOMETHING with this music (better than nothing). (iTunes also has all the albums). Thoughts??

• Official Post

I will check this - I think we can find out easily

• Official Post

jwckauman

I got the info that this is not the remastered version. The Remaster is obviously not finished yet - but they are working on it and we "should wait". So lt's wait then :)