Genesis in the media

• Just watched Discovering Genesis on Sky Arts. Just as i was wondering why I was bothering, they actually came up with new factual insights.

Phil Collins replaced Chris Stewart.

Foxtrot was their new sound with new line up.

IKWIL appears to be on Foxtrot.

Peter left because he felt he was too big a star to stay in Genesis.

Steve Hackett played Bach inspired organ noodling.

Phil Collins became in charge in Genesis.

They got back together to tour in 2006.

Well I never! You live and learn.

Edited once, last by thefarmer ().

• Was this a spoof version, like Thotch? :)

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• No honestly it's a proper doc. Stills and video clips voice over with a few bods I have never heard of popping up and voicing their opinions. When discussing their new sound with Foxtrot and pics of the sleeve IKWIL was playing in the background ,.no mention of SR. No joke.

• No honestly it's a proper doc. Stills and video clips voice over with a few bods I have never heard of popping up and voicing their opinions. When discussing their new sound with Foxtrot and pics of the sleeve IKWIL was playing in the background ,.no mention of SR. No joke.

From what I can see scrolling back through the EPG it was 30mins long whereas everything else in their "Discovering" series appears to be 1 hour so maybe you got off lightly.

(Coming up there's a different documentary strand with a much longer programme on the Moody Blues which foxfeeder might want to check for accuracy).

I sometimes wonder if Genesis are the most marginalised mega-successful rock band.

Abandon all reason

• From what I can see scrolling back through the EPG it was 30mins long whereas everything else in their "Discovering" series appears to be 1 hour so maybe you got off lightly.

(Coming up there's a different documentary strand with a much longer programme on the Moody Blues which foxfeeder might want to check for accuracy).

I sometimes wonder if Genesis are the most marginalised mega-successful rock band.

Classic Artists? I've got the DVD. All spot on, AFAIK. Yes, Jethro Tull and Cream are also in that series. Interestingly, Jimmy Saville appears in the DVD, which came out circa 2008, in an archive video clip from 1966. The Sky Arts version has edited him out.

The Moody Blues were in Channel 5's 1970's hits last night, as was Rolf Harris, but his inclusion was very brief, and with a disparaging comment.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• From what I can see scrolling back through the EPG it was 30mins long whereas everything else in their "Discovering" series appears to be 1 hour so maybe you got off lightly.

I like Discovering series. This documentary was nothing like the usual programmes in this , I don't think it was part the Discovering series , looks they just used the name. I know I'm making it sound like spoof more and more but it really wasn't ! Don't be put off watching Discovering by my post. They usually do old film stars with regular critics, which to me are are really interesting. Maybe beware if its not about a film star. And yes , I think you're right about Genesis being marginalized. They still remain mega unfashionable.

I forgot about this post - but I had to shoehorn in this; so are Dire Straits.