Genesis in the media

• Watching a repeat of Rick Stein's Spain on BBC2, with a feature on Chris Stewart who Stein visits at his remote home. Chris cooks tabbouleh and wild boar stew. My mouth is watering.

It'll no doubt be on the iplayer for those who can access it.

Abandon all reason

• I didn't want to start a whole new thread on the PG forum just for this so decided it was almost kind of sort of like maybe possibly perhaps slightly relevant to here, as he was in Genesis (as I understand it) and this is on social media - PG supporting We Make Events.

Abandon all reason

• This is it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is it.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's great thanks. Yes, lovely sound, the drums especially are amazing and nearly brought a tear to my eye thinking how he can't do this anymore. The guitar also sounds wonderful in an almost crystalline way, particularly in Sanctuary and Eggs. Pity about the silly CSO graphics and the lightbar effect being lost but 70s TV studio productions often had all that nonsense going on - clueless middle-aged producers thought THE KIDS would love it! I also always snigger at the cheap little PFFFFF! near the end. But never mind, it sounds so good.

Abandon all reason

• It's the picture clarity I'm so impressed with, despite the added graphics. I enjoyed seeing the close ups of the playing especially Tony and Steve. Everything else I have seen has been so grainy and only given the impression of what they looked like . I particularly like close ups of Pete's face down to the slight flaws in the make up. Also the so motion close up of Peter seems to capture the real him, the human behind the mask.

• great quality...i did post this on another site but the same guys have revamped the Lyceum show shown on the old grey whistle test...great sound and quality

• great quality...i did post this on another site but the same guys have revamped the Lyceum show shown on the old grey whistle test...great sound and quality

That was great. Only pity is it's not the whole show.

• The Guy Garvey radio show on BBC6 Music today was a Kate Bush special and featured Steve Hackett. I missed his segment, there were interviews with various musician fans of hers so I'm guessing he featured in one of those.

It might be re-run this evening, and will be available on the listen again feature for those who can access that.

Abandon all reason

• The Guy Garvey radio show on BBC6 Music today was a Kate Bush special and featured Steve Hackett. I missed his segment, there were interviews with various musician fans of hers so I'm guessing he featured in one of those.

It might be re-run this evening, and will be available on the listen again feature for those who can access that.

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

I must see if I can hear that on catch up - Kate Bush <3

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Just seen a question on House of Games, a BBC quiz show where they have a round called Answer Smash. They show a picture and give a clue, and you have to "smash the answers together". e.g. They showed a pic of an avocado and asked, what is the name of a 3D 12-sided shape - answer, avocadodecahedron. Then a pic of some rhubarb, and asked who played Peggy Mitchell in Eastenders - answer, rhuBarbara Windsor.

They showed a pic of our favourite rock trio and asked who played the title role in Carrie - answer of course, Genesissy Spacek!

Anyway, it was a mention of Genesis in the media. I'm sure you thought it was worth it...

Abandon all reason

• Just seen a question on House of Games, a BBC quiz show where they have a round called Answer Smash. They show a picture and give a clue, and you have to "smash the answers together". e.g. They showed a pic of an avocado and asked, what is the name of a 3D 12-sided shape - answer, avocadodecahedron. Then a pic of some rhubarb, and asked who played Peggy Mitchell in Eastenders - answer, rhuBarbara Windsor.

They showed a pic of our favourite rock trio and asked who played the title role in Carrie - answer of course, Genesissy Spacek!

Anyway, it was a mention of Genesis in the media. I'm sure you thought it was worth it...

LOVE the mix up of my favorite band and favorite author!

• just listening to the Kate bush feature on Guy Garvey...really good listen to an album masterpiece

Mr Hackett sounded on good form and the extended interview is to be broadcast at a later date....good to hear Horizons and Spectral Mornings on the radio!

• just listening to the Kate bush feature on Guy Garvey...really good listen to an album masterpiece

Mr Hackett sounded on good form and the extended interview is to be broadcast at a later date....good to hear Horizons and Spectral Mornings on the radio!

Garvey is quite a Genesis fan. I've heard him play Ripples, Entangled and this wasn't the first time he's played Horizons.

Abandon all reason

Just finished listening to it as well. Really enjoyed that which shouldn't be a surprise as it is Kate Bush

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Another one of those absurdly expensive Genesis magazine specials is out, this time from Classic Rock. The usual collection of old articles and interviews complete with poor proofing, terrible overbaked writing and standard factual errors. Plus in this case, the "40 Greatest Genesis Songs" as nominated by the readers of Prog Magazine, leading to some ridiculous choices such as RA&B but which will please many here.

And how do I know all this? Because, sucker that I am, I obviously bought the damn thing. More money than sense, me.

Abandon all reason