Genesis in the media

• Not starting a new thread. So here seems a good place to put this. Watching it right now. I'm feeling a little like Albert!! ( Mrs Farmer shielding with her mother for the past 6 weeks!!!!) All I need is TV show.

• I don't know if this counts but I thought it was kind of cool.

Episode 3 of Netflix the Night Stalker, documentary about the 1984/1985 serial killer in LA. The killer's friend is wearing a Genesis Abacab t-shirt. This is contemporary footage from the time.

What is with the band and the old serial killer connection?!

Episode 3 of Netflix the Night Stalker, documentary about the 1984/1985 serial killer in LA. The killer's friend is wearing a Genesis Abacab t-shirt. This is contemporary footage from the time.

Clearly Genesis are responsible for inspiring a serial killer. And thought I thought was justheavy metal bands.

Oh, it counts. This is exactly the sort of thing I set up this thread for! Good spot. And a serial killer connection pre-dating the Ellis novel and spin-off film.

Late last year, as ever not just late to the party but arriving well after everyone has left, I watched crime drama The Fall, several years after its acclaimed original run. Officers are trying to come up with a name, 'Operation [...]' for the investigation into serial killings. One of them reads out a list of candidate names to the chief investigating officer played by Gillian Anderson, and she's not happy with any of them, dismissing them all for various reasons, including "Genesis" to which she rolls her eyes and says "My least favourite band..." (I think she then adds, "other than U2").

A very tenuous one, but yet another serial killer connection, sort of.

Abandon all reason