Genesis in the media

• The Veteran Cosmic Rockers has been used, to describe The Moody Blues. It must've been pre 1981, cos Ray Thomas wrote the song Veteran Cosmic Rockers as a result of the quote, it closes their 1981 album.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• This morning I turned on Today, the main BBC radio news programme, to hear a presenter grilling a treasury minister about PG’s request for government support for music festivals as WOMAD faces cancellation. I think they’d interviewed PG himself earlier on.

The treasury minister wasn’t particularly helpful, but maybe PG’s old band could use some of the profits from their lucrative upcoming tour to bail out WOMAD. It wouldn’t be the first time....

• This morning I turned on Today, the main BBC radio news programme, to hear a presenter grilling a treasury minister about PG’s request for government support for music festivals as WOMAD faces cancellation. I think they’d interviewed PG himself earlier on.

The treasury minister wasn’t particularly helpful, but maybe PG’s old band could use some of the profits from their lucrative upcoming tour to bail out WOMAD. It wouldn’t be the first time....

I've heard reunions with former bandmates can be a useful way of raising a bit of awareness and dosh... Y'know, with very little preparation, in a soggy field to increase the excitement, that sort of thing.

• Official Post

I've heard reunions with former bandmates can be a useful way of raising a bit of awareness and dosh... Y'know, with very little preparation, in a soggy field to increase the excitement, that sort of thing.

There’s definitely little need to increase the excitement for this reunion. People are pumped. Although neither of the Philly shows are sold out. It’s funny on the seating chart at the arena, the same seats are still open for both shows. The seats on either side of the stage and some of the floor seats are still available.

• There’s definitely little need to increase the excitement for this reunion. People are pumped. Although neither of the Philly shows are sold out. It’s funny on the seating chart at the arena, the same seats are still open for both shows. The seats on either side of the stage and some of the floor seats are still available.

I hear ya (although I was kind of hinting at a reunion like the 6 of the best show back when Womad was in trouble the first time around!).

I'm curious - are you going to both Philly shows? I haven't decided to cough up for the second Boston show yet. Worried I'll regret not going!

• Official Post

I hear ya (although I was kind of hinting at a reunion like the 6 of the best show back when Womad was in trouble the first time around!).

I'm curious - are you going to both Philly shows? I haven't decided to cough up for the second Boston show yet. Worried I'll regret not going!

Oh sorry, misunderstood! So it’s funny you ask, right now I only have tickets to the first night in Philly. I was looking at tickets the other day for the second night, because I was considering if it would be possible to take one of my other buddies, the two of us would go. But the seats at the Wells Fargo Center that are open must be bad seats; they’re literally side stage seats. I can’t imagine looking at the stage from the side like that is enjoyable. And the open floor seats are like 500 dollars a piece. I can’t afford that, and I’m sure my buddy won’t pay that either. So I’m content with attending the one show.

• Anyone remember Nationwide ? UK TV magazine programme that was on after the news in the 70s . I remember a feature about a bi plane pilot . They used the closing section of AIAMN as music accompany film of him flying through the clouds . I always think of that even now when I play it .

• Oh, that's the vid where they had an air of businessmen around them for the first time (as opposed to being just a bunch of "romantic" musiclovers who want to do their thing). I remember I was quite shocked when I first saw that one.

• Anyone remember Nationwide ? UK TV magazine programme that was on after the news in the 70s . I remember a feature about a bi plane pilot . They used the closing section of AIAMN as music accompany film of him flying through the clouds . I always think of that even now when I play it .

Are you thinking of this documentary about a Tiger Moth Air Race which was made by Nationwide reporter Bernie Clarke? It also includes a snippet of Hackett's Spectral Mornings at 40:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4_96zgEZQ

Edited 2 times, last by paul795 ().

• Are you thinking of this documentary about a Tiger Moth Air Race which was made by Nationwide reporter Bernie Clarke? It also includes a snippet of Hackett's Spectral Mornings at 40:30

Well done. As soon as I read the initial post about Nationwide I thought "I'm sure there's a Hackett clip in it too" but couldn't recall what, OR find the clip on youtube.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Are you thinking of this documentary about a Tiger Moth Air Race which was made by Nationwide reporter Bernie Clarke? It also includes a snippet of Hackett's Spectral Mornings at 40:30

Wow that's amazing. So many years ago . All I remember is suddenly having Genesis playing and the imagery has stayed with me. I was only about 15. Pretty sure it was Nationwide. As this doc was made by a Nationwide reporter they probably did a snippet from the doc as a teaser for the main show.