Genesis in the media

• Just watched Magnum Pi with Tom Selleck, S7 Episode 17.

Genesis play Tonight, Tonight, Tonight almost 30% in the entire show. Makes quite an interesting soundtrack. :)

• craig charles played DWTMK on Friday afternoon on his 6radio show...been a long time since heard this on a daytime show! 👍

And what an unlikely candidate to play it! Mr 'Funk & Soul'. Although some of PG's vocals are quite soulful on it.

I love 6music.

Abandon all reason

• craig charles played DWTMK on Friday afternoon on his 6radio show...been a long time since heard this on a daytime show! 👍

Last week on the way home from work I heard "Looking for Someone" on Sirius XM Deep Tracks Satellite Radio. I had never heard that one on the radio, daytime or night.

• Last week on the way home from work I heard "Looking for Someone" on Sirius XM Deep Tracks Satellite Radio. I had never heard that one on the radio, daytime or night.

I've heard all kinds of Genesis stuff on deep tracks, including several from From Genesis to Revelation, including one of the demos "She Is Beautiful". The most surprising one I've heard on Deep Tracks was "The Waiting Room". I wonder how many people switched stations during that one :)

• I've heard all kinds of Genesis stuff on deep tracks, including several from From Genesis to Revelation, including one of the demos "She Is Beautiful". The most surprising one I've heard on Deep Tracks was "The Waiting Room". I wonder how many people switched stations during that one :)

Lol, true! That must have been a nice (shocking) surprise to hear “The Waiting Room,” even on that station.

• Interesting interview with Tony here on the Prog Cast:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting interview with Tony here on the Prog Cast:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ooh, thank you for this. I wasn't aware of this podcast. I've just checked it out and there's loads of good stuff on there, including tons of XTC content.

• For those looking to hear Genesis on the radio. In the last week Radio Caroline has played the following...

Ripples

Throwing It All Away

Horizons (x2)

I Know What I Like

Abacab (x2)

Duchess (x2)

Jesus He Knows Me

The Musical Box

In Too Deep

Squonk

I'd Rather Be You

The Lamb lies Down on Broadway

Land of Confusion

I Can't Dance

Home By The Sea

http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/

• Official Post

I'd Rather Be You?

Quite an unusual choice for radio. OK, some other tracks as well, but nice to see a b-side was played.

A few years ago, a German TV series featured "Summer Days" by Ray Wilson & Stiltskin in one of the episodes. Also quite a surprise.

• Guy Garvey on 6Music having some sort of Genesis/prog thing right now - he's played PG Mercy Street, Solsbury Hill and an interview clip with PG saying how angry he was that a Fripp solo he thought was beautiful was wiped from the Solsbury master (by producer Bob Ezrin he suspected). Entangled was also played and Garvey said it was the template for Elbow's track Newborn.

He's also, on the back of the Fripp/Solsbury story, just played Schizoid and I Talk To The Wind.

Oh OK he's doing a "down the rabbit hole" feature as he's now moved on to Toyah Wilcox and playing an early single.

Abandon all reason

• For anyone (un?)fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where this has never been screened, or whose access to TV channels has prevented them from seeing it, I've recorded it and uploaded it for your pleasure!

https://www.mediafire.com/file…scovering+Genesis.ts/file

Alternatively, you may wish to copy it to a CD or DVD, or a USB memory stick, take it outside and set fire to it. I accept no responsibility for any damage to other property that you may suffer owing to over-zealousness in this action. ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• For anyone (un?)fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where this has never been screened, or whose access to TV channels has prevented them from seeing it, I've recorded it and uploaded it for your pleasure!

https://www.mediafire.com/file…scovering+Genesis.ts/file

Alternatively, you may wish to copy it to a CD or DVD, or a USB memory stick, take it outside and set fire to it. I accept no responsibility for any damage to other property that you may suffer owing to over-zealousness in this action. ;)

Thanks for sharing?