Genesis in the media

• Apparently so. I think we picked up on the disengaged audience members here! (see the posts that follow)

There ya go. Why they would think inserting scenes of bored audience members is a good thing (whether from a Yes concert or even worse a Genesis concert) is beyond my feeble mind's ability to comprehend.

• There ya go. Why they would think inserting scenes of bored audience members is a good thing (whether from a Yes concert or even worse a Genesis concert) is beyond my feeble mind's ability to comprehend.

I agree. I appreciate the technology was more limited and budgets were probably smaller, but why do it the way they did?

• Hi,

Just though I would remind some members of Bill Films You-Tube Channel.

He has some great Videos on there and I like to support him. This one I had not seen before:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As usual Christian please move this to the right place, Thanks

• So good.

• Is this the same rehearsal video from the DVD of the 1983 “Genesis” CD/DVD set (i.e., from the boxset), or is it a newly-found one?

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• for those in the uk who know Ronnie O Sullivan and his background..did not expect to hear That's All....just goes to show, fans ev

There used to be a nice facility on the programme's website where you could search via guests, songs and artists chosen. I searched Genesis and found a fair number of selections, one of which was In The Cage - I can't recall the guest but vaguely think it might've been cricketer David Gower. (EDIT: just checked, he chose IKWIL). About 2 years ago someone picked Mad Man Moon.

I do like a bit of snooker and usually enjoy "Rocket" Ronnie's performances especially when he's at his peak.

In recent years, looks-wise he seems to have morphed into a blend of Anthony Newley, Ted Bundy (the murderer, not the sitcom character) and Damon Albarn.

Abandon all reason

• Interesting 50th anniversary perspective on SEBTP:

https://www.goldminemag.com/ar…ling-england-by-the-pound

It more closely aligns with my view of the album than the generally universal high esteem it is held in, and similarly places Epping Forest dead last in order of best-to-worst. I like the idea of skipping from firth of fifth to after the ordeal. Might try that and see if it improves my personal opinion. I don't dislike it per se, but it's one of my least revisited Genesis albums at this point.

• Yes the ordering is screwy. For me Knight isn't just the best on the album by some distance but a highlight of their career.

I get bored of the regular hatred and dismissal of MFM. I like it, and think it plays an important role on the album in showing what a diverse band they always were, able to create multi-sectioned prog epics but also catchy short songs and delicate acoustic ballads.

But I'm glad they go against the grain and show Ordeal some love (and take the opportunity to stick the boot into RA&B and AIAMN, rightly in my view).

I'm not keen on Battle but love 'The Reverend' section, one of my favourite moments on the album.

Abandon all reason

• In recent years we have discovered the Black Isle as my wife unearths her McKenzie roots. It’s a gem and we now return annually.

Now I can make sure we make the most of it whilst we can still get there before it is completely overrun

• In recent years we have discovered the Black Isle as my wife unearths her McKenzie roots. It’s a gem and we now return annually.

Now I can make sure we make the most of it whilst we can still get there before it is completely overrun

Well if you ever pass through Fortrose transmit some positive vibes, I'll be sure to pick them up! (Yes, I didnt move very far but as far as I know there aren't any hogweed advancing towards us here... yet).

Abandon all reason

• I agree with Backdrifter that such "worst" or "best" lists are nonsense. They represent just one person's opinion, which is inevitably very different from my own.

In this case, a few of these might line up with my own "worst" picks, but several are songs I would rank quite highly.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.