Album: Both Sides [review]
    Working title: unknown
    Credits: Collins
    Lyrics: Yes
    Length: 07:34
    Musicians: Phil Collins
    Played Live: never
    Cover versions: none

Notes: Collins's 1993 album had the flair of Face Value and still was an album that divided the fans. Collins played all instruments, which gave the album a reduced and (intentionally) imperfect sound. We Fly So Close is one of the secret gems in Collins's solo repertoire. The song was not released as a single, has never been played live - and at seven and a half minutes it equals Genesis song lengths.

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

...cried a voice in the crowd.

• 14. Epic song. Phil playing what sounds like Spanish guitar - who would have thought? This is probably the best track on the album.

Yes, it was quite a feat to make it sound like it's a "real" guitar player rather than someone playing guitar sounds on a sequencer (or whatever it was that Phil used on the album). This song really builds and, while I would have loved to have heard the band tackle this on the tour, I think Phil manages to capture the mood perfectly. And all on his ownsome!

I voted 'outstanding'. It's one of my favourite tracks on the album, no question.

• My favorite song of the Both Sides album and also my second favorite song of Phil (the first was Another Day in Paradise). This song was very a masterpiece. This voice in this song was a mix of rage and sadness about her situation and i cry or calm me depend my situation when i listen ver vocal performance. Musically, this rain and the particular ambiance of the guitar and the synth add a spiritual and calm ambiance in this song (he never easy use this spiritual feeling in her music before). The chorus painted a picture and this song sound like in the nature. One of the best and haunting ballad of his career. The whole Both Sides album was a experimental album, and it's in evidence for this and Both Sides of the Story.