Other then Genesis......Camel rule!!

• AH... Slowly recovering from Eindhoven and Utrecht. What a blast :)

Sound in Eindhoven was phenomenal, every note fom Pete, Colin and Andy could be distinguished, and what power does Dennis have !

Sound in Utrecht much worse, esp. in the fron of the standing area, because that is a little behind the forward facing sound towers. So I moved backwards after the intermission, which was better .

Both equal sets, no surprises at all there, but some stunning SAX solo's from Pete, in Lady Fantasy even, who would have ever expected that?

I wish them luck in September !

• I half expected the sax, as knew that Pete could play. Gets a :thumbdown: from me though. 'Lady Fantasy' is perfect as it is.

From what I've heard, Andy was still unwell, but playing really well, when tour leg finished.

Camel have a tour date in July, a German festival. Then it continues on 29 August.

• Camel - Royal Albert Hall 2018 - Blu-ray & DVD

http://www.camelproductions.com/

5 Nov 2018

Six weeks post-tour and reviews continue to pour in acclaiming this tour as "Camel's most outstanding lineup since 1978" and many go so far as to say it's the greatest of all. The mantle has been passed from the late Peter Bardens to Peter Jones, the talented mulitinstrumentalist who joined Camel in 2016 for their Japan tour. Jones' performance won the hearts of Japanese fans in 2016 and again in 2018 and by the time the band reached Europe, a global buzz had taken hold and greeted every show. By the time they reached the UK expectations were off the scale and still Camel exceeded them. Andrew Latimer called Tour 2018 the best tour Camel has ever done adding "Everything we've gone through over the years has been worth it".

The band are now in the final stages of mixing the audio for the forthcoming DVD of the Royal Albert Hall performance. CP has seen some of the rough footage and can say unequivocally that this DVD, like the band itself, is truly in another league from the past. In fact, plans are afoot to offer the release on Blu-Ray as well. On all levels, it's a brand new day for Camel.

Preorders will soon be open for the DVD and Blu-Ray and we will again offer the opportunity to memorialise your support with your name in the liner notes. Sign up to Camel's Twitter account and Camel's YouTube Channel and be notified of any news.

https://twitter.com/Camel_Andylat

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsp...tbKJznjSKU_PCQ

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sneak preview of the RAH DVD/BluRay to come on CP's site and Youtube channel:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great video, but i prefer Andy's singing. Oh, and too many shots of the audience in this for me.

I don't get this "in another league" thing that CP say. I've always loved Camel, and they've always been in the best league!

• From Andys Twitter Acccount:

@Camel_Andylat

“CAMEL AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL - DVD/Blu-RAY UDPATE: All is on track for the planned late April/early May release. Once it's ready to go to authoring and manufacturing, CP will offer preorders and fans will also be offered an opportunity to have their names included in a special Thank You section of the liner notes. For now, enjoy the line cut preview. It will be worth the wait.”

• From Andys Twitter Acccount:

@Camel_Andylat

“CAMEL AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL - DVD/Blu-RAY UDPATE: All is on track for the planned late April/early May release. Once it's ready to go to authoring and manufacturing, CP will offer preorders and fans will also be offered an opportunity to have their names included in a special Thank You section of the liner notes. For now, enjoy the line cut preview. It will be worth the wait.”

delayed until mid-may due to "major technical faults in the mastering studio" .. oh dear ...

• No, just that it won't be soon.

Well, they have been busy with all this RAH DVD / Bluray / CD set stuff.

Did Andy say why no new stuff soon? Not happy enough with songs or just too busy, I guess. I won't be complaining about it anyway.

I've ordered the Prog mag so will be getting it soon hopefully.

• Did Andy say why no new stuff soon? Not happy enough with songs or just too busy, I guess. I won't be complaining about it anyway.

Ok, I'll quote a bit from it :

"

And

our first request was, of course,

beyond this live release, what are the

chances of there being the first new

studio album since A Nod And A Wink

17 years ago?

“Ah yes, the question I always get

asked. And there is no definitive

answer at the moment,” Latimer

laughs. “I’m always writing songs,