Other then Genesis......Camel rule!!

• Audioot

Eleventh Earl of Mar

ImageImageImage

PM

xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!

« Reply #3251 on: 03/05/2018 at 08:53:32 » Quote

CP finally posted some news wrt Meet& Greet aftershow 'parties' which apparently now are pre-show smiley (and costly)

Also very very little chance of any additional gigs being added sad

See http://www.camelproductions.com news

• Noni

Changed the title of the thread from “Other the Genesis......Camel rule!!” to “Other then Genesis......Camel rule!!”.
  • Silent Night

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At a remote studio deep in the heart of northern England's "Rural Capital of Food"...

Andrew Latimer, Denis Clement, Colin Bass and Pete Jones recently had a brief rehearsal period to reconnect and consider material for the upcoming performances. Much merriment ensued after a hard day's night and all four are looking forward to hitting the road in May.

rehearsals

The 2018 tour is breaking ground in new territories and also revisiting familiar ones. But there are some absent friends such as Scandinavia, France, Germany and both North and South America. Camel have not toured these territories in many years and there were no financially viable offers for the band to do so in 2018. It now seems highly unlikely there will be any dates added on the present schedule. Camel Productions can say for certain that the 17th September Royal Albert Hall show will be the final performance of this year. There are still a precious few tickets left and they will soon be sold out.

MEET AND GREET

During Camel's long history, many fans have been able to meet and spend a few moments with the band after a show. This very down-to-earth group of musicians have enjoyed this unique experience. However, during the random Meet & Greets on recent tours, there have been a few worrying moments. Crowd control became a serious issue. When several hundred fans queued for autographs and selfies, it became quickly evident that demand could not be met in the time available. At two shows, when fans realised the band had to leave before they could get their autographs, they surged forward nearly overturning a table, crushing the band against a wall. Thankfully, no one was injured but it brought to mind keyboardist Guy LeBlanc's experience in 2003 when he was nearly pulled off the stage by a fan. A monitor cabinet broke his fall, but Guy fractured a rib.

At another Meet and Greet, an over-zealous fan gripped Andrew Latimer's hand in a vice-like handshake. He refused to let go despite Andrew's shouts of protest and he badly bruised Andrew's hand. The injury cast doubt on his ability to play the following night. Luckily he was able to play but the seriousness of it cannot be underplayed. An injury to any band member can bring down a tour. Had this 'fan' fractured Andrew's hand, it would have ended the tour then and there. It was imperative there be a radical change to the Meet & Greets on future tours.

THESE CHANGING TIMES

For a number of years Andrew Latimer has been challenged by arthritis in his hands, more so in recent years. He tells us he now finds it too painful to shake hands with anyone and so, with no disrespect intended, Andrew will not be able to shake hands and we ask that everyone respect this in turn. We would all rather he continue to play his guitar than risk silencing that gift.

The other change is an end to the random access Meet & Greets. They will now be offered only as a VIP Package in limited numbers to take place in a private environment before a show. In this way, both the band members and the fans will have time for an autograph, photos and a brief personal chat in a safe and relaxed atmosphere. Please be aware that only one item can be autographed due to time constraints, so please only bring your most treasured item. This will give everyone a chance to have a memorable one-on-one moment. If you are interested in a VIP Package, please contact the venue for more information.

We trust everyone will understand the need for these changes. Camel have always been open, accessible and generous to fans and that includes all band members from 1972 to the present. But we no longer live in the same time as we did in the 70's. That openness was very special. In this New Dawn, the changes throughout society are so great that those days are now truly gone by. Would anyone in 1976 have tolerated watching a 2 hour live concert, during the performance, through a 3" x 5" screen?

Camel ask that no mobile phone, tablets, video cameras or any recording devices are used during the performance The band would much prefer to play to the faces in an audience as opposed to an array of arms with electronic devices held in the air, obscuring the faces of fans. Camel Productions received a number of complaints from fans who couldn't see for all the devices equally obscuring their view, let alone the distraction of the bright screens shining back at them. The intimacy and magic of a performance is lost for everyone when the focus is interrupted in this way. CP and Camel would very much appreciate your cooperation.

It's hugely important that everyone enjoy the tour, both band and fans alike. Camel on the Road 2018 has an exciting new element. With the exception of Japanese fans, who were the first to experience Pete Jones' phenomenal contribution to Camel, tour 2018 will offer a first opportunity to do so for fans in Europe, England, and the Middle East. Pete Jones is a wonderful addition to the group so don't miss the chance to see a performance and enjoy the magic of this enduring and endearing group that is Camel.

• „The Snow Goose“ gets quite a regular spin in my CD-player in particular the re-release 0f 2013.

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• I have been a Camel fan since 1977 (same year Seconds Out was released, I consider the best live album of all time).

Never seen them live, I already had bought my ticket and when I arrived in Mexico city back in 2002, I got the bad news that show got cancelled and I missed the only opportunity I will ever have to see them live.

My favorite Camel albums are: Nude, Rain Dances, Breathless, Dust & Dreams, Stationary Traveler and all the live albums specially Coming of Age. Besides his guitar playing and vocals, I love Andy Latimer's flute style, great.

I am still amazed at the wonder that is Pete Jones, what a find! I wish Rachel Flowers who is also a blind prodigy, would be part of a band or ensemble of some kind. But for now, Pete will keep that Camel flame alive for some time and hope I catch them live someday.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Big fan of Camel. In my top ten fave bands for sure.

"The Snow Goose" and "Moonmadness" are underrated classics of prog.

Not sure that Snowgoose is underated. It sold by the lorry load and was critically acclaimed at the time, although it did put the wind up the record company, who were nbot keen on instrumental albums.

Moonmadness is probably my fave Camel album, although I've notheard them all. Lunar Sea is a brilliant instrumental. Latimer is up there with Dave Gilmour for his melodic lead guitar work.

• Just heard new song ' Mystic Dreams ' from the tour. Sounds really good! On youtube like the others.

External Content www.youtube.com