So glad to be with you again on this forum

• I’m glad to be part of the forum again.

I have had to take a few weeks away as I have been in hospital. I had a minor operation which was successful, and I went home after an overnight stay. However, two days later I was readmitted with a fever/infection. After many tests and different types of antibiotics they diagnosed I had two types of sepsis (bacterial and anti-fungal). I spent almost five weeks in hospital, and it was a very worrying time for myself and more so the family. During the latter part of my stay in hospital the doctors had a frank chat with me and told me that on a couple of occasions they were not sure if I would live. I don’t remember some of these really bad times, but the family saw it all and I am so sorry I put them though that. Back home recovering, trying to slowly get my strength back. Still weak and suffering a lot from nausea but I know this will get better in time.

It really puts into perspective life itself and how precious that and family are.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

...but the family saw it all and I am so sorry I put them though that ...

Don't feel sorry, it's not as if you had control over it.

And as trying as it is, these moments tend to galvanize a family's love and support for one another.

Glad you're feeling better and on the rebound.

• So very sorry you had to go through that ordeal, my friend. I'm sure it weighs heavy on your mind, but I'm very happy to see that you are back, and I'm sure your family is over the moon that you came through it :)

• Yes, welcome back! I did wonder where you had gotten to, but you were off dealing with real life! I’m glad you are doing well enough to be back.

I’m sorry that I passed you in number of posts while you were away - it couldn’t be helped. ;)^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Glad to see you back David, sorry you had to go through all this, specially your family.

You can now look forward to a speedy recovery and get stronger.;)

I have had to take a few weeks away as I have been in hospital. I had a minor operation which was successful, and I went home after an overnight stay. However, two days later I was readmitted with a fever/infection. After many tests and different types of antibiotics they diagnosed I had two types of sepsis (bacterial and anti-fungal). I spent almost five weeks in hospital, and it was a very worrying time for myself and more so the family. During the latter part of my stay in hospital the doctors had a frank chat with me and told me that on a couple of occasions they were not sure if I would live. I don’t remember some of these really bad times, but the family saw it all and I am so sorry I put them though that. Back home recovering, trying to slowly get my strength back. Still weak and suffering a lot from nausea but I know this will get better in time.

It really puts into perspective life itself and how precious that and family are.

Good to see that you are on the mend David. Look forward to catching up with you once you are well on the mend. Good to have you back with us here

• Good to have you back. I am wishing you a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you here more often in the future.

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• Thanks very much for your kind comments.

Because of so much inactivity at hospital my mobility is not good at the moment, after 15 minutes on my feet I begin to get light headed. Suffering from nausea every day because of all the drugs they pumped into me. I know this will get better but I am impatient!!

I will eventually get back to posting more here but at the moment my concentration levels on the computer are very low

• Yes, welcome back! I did wonder where you had gotten to, but you were off dealing with real life! I’m glad you are doing well enough to be back.

I’m sorry that I passed you in number of posts while you were away - it couldn’t be helped. ;)^^

You are a long way ahead of me now. Perhaps you should take a long sabbatical:D