The Genesis Of A Reunion - website special

• Official Post

Some of you may remember - 15 years ago we started a website special, called The Genesis Of A Reunion. The reason was simple: Rumours were getting very serious and there certainly was something afoot.

Funny enough, we never stopped this special (despite the 2007 reunion) as the subject was always part of public discussions even after 2007. So the site is still there and still enjoys regular updates.

It certainly IS a reunion myth and chanced that this will happen are very slim.

But anyway, enjoy reading what happened in the past 15 years ...

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…views-since-2005-s86.html

• Oh dear ...

I nearly fogot how insane this discussion was at times. Thanks for compiling and bringing this feature to our attention. Weird stuff, but a great read.

I acatully hope it won't happen. But something tells me it might not be that unrealistic any more - at least the "small" version with Tony, Mike and Phil ... and Nic ;)

• Official Post
    • Official Post

It's from a short video which was posted on genesis movement facebook page: Nic was also there, based o his Instagram account

• oh oh oh ... is there something afoot? Can't believe they just meet in NYC without a purpose? Who knows ...

... make tomorrow today!

• Well, don't know what I want, really. I just hope they come up with a great idea how it could work - as it's quite obvious that they cannot do it the same way as 2007

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• At the bottom of the setlist.fm page for PC's final Not Dead Yet show, it says:

Final live performance by Phil Collins announced by Collins himself after the show

If he indeed said that, did he mean simply last show of the tour, or literally the last show he'll ever do? If the latter, that slams shut the lid on all possible Genesis live work involving himself. Doesn't it?

Abandon all reason

• At the bottom of the setlist.fm page for PC's final Not Dead Yet show, it says:

Final live performance by Phil Collins announced by Collins himself after the show

If he indeed said that, did he mean simply last show of the tour, or literally the last show he'll ever do? If the latter, that slams shut the lid on all possible Genesis live work involving himself. Doesn't it?

Doubt Phil would be fit for any reunion. Maybe seated but his health would likely be an issue. Anyway, I doubt a reunion is ever likely given the age of the guys plus Peter has said he could no longer reach certain notes on classic Genesis songs (his era)

• Doubt Phil would be fit for any reunion. Maybe seated but his health would likely be an issue. Anyway, I doubt a reunion is ever likely given the age of the guys plus Peter has said he could no longer reach certain notes on classic Genesis songs (his era)

A Genesis reunion is off the table and has been and of course. I know Rutherford's "never say never" is a popular quote but the band concluded things back in '07. Phil could never be involved anyway, his health very much precludes that chance.

• Phil could never be involved anyway, his health very much precludes that chance.

What are you talking about? John Martyn managed to continue performing despite being in a poor state of health. Phil has only recently finished a world tour and as far as anyone knows his health has not taken a sudden downwards turn since then. Seriously, Mark, this kind of scaremongering does nobody any good at all.

• Doubt Phil would be fit for any reunion. Maybe seated but his health would likely be an issue. Anyway, I doubt a reunion is ever likely given the age of the guys plus Peter has said he could no longer reach certain notes on classic Genesis songs (his era)

Age hasn't stopped Tony Bennett, Paul McCartney or The Rolling Stones from performing. It didn't stop Frank Sinatra from performing. Or John Lee Hooker. How about Miles Davis who performed whilst in excruciating pain?

If a Genesis reunion doesn't happen, it will be simply because they don't want to do it. It's got damn all to do with age or health.

• What are you talking about? John Martyn managed to continue performing despite being in a poor state of health. Phil has only recently finished a world tour and as far as anyone knows his health has not taken a sudden downwards turn since then. Seriously, Mark, this kind of scaremongering does nobody any good at all.

Falling on stage during his tour, that's fine? You are obviously not objective when it comes to Phil, you think the man can do no wrong and scaremongering? To whom, the band? This Forum? The whole point is moot anyway as they ARE NOT going to reunite. For one thing, he can't drum anymore and his singing has diminished, A LOT. But again, you're not going to see any of it because your objectivity missed the bus.

• Age hasn't stopped Tony Bennett, Paul McCartney or The Rolling Stones from performing. It didn't stop Frank Sinatra from performing. Or John Lee Hooker. How about Miles Davis who performed whilst in excruciating pain?

If a Genesis reunion doesn't happen, it will be simply because they don't want to do it. It's got damn all to do with age or health.

Macca and the Stones don't have the debilitating health issues Phil has. Jagger can still strut as a lead man while Phil cannot play the drums anymore or stand for long. Hardly a fair comparison when health impacts on your ability to perform. Tony Bennett is a rare example but is a crooner whereas Phil was a bundle of energy. As for age, you are correct but Peter has stated he would be unable to sing many of the material he once sang 45 years ago. Personally, I would rather remember the gigs I saw in 73 and late 70s of the band at their respective peaks than any future gig when, like Macca, they are past their best.

• Fans don´t allow their 'heroes' to age and quite often enjoy the past more than the present. I have also doubts it would work. But should they decide to do something, I am sure they will find a way to do it. I can´t be anything close to the 2007 tour, that´s for sure.