The Genesis Of A Reunion - website special

• Official Post

Fans.....What fans?

Seriously dou you think that a bunch of people remained here or on Facebook group have the power on whatever decision?

C'mon guys..........

who said that? I think it's just about the question what fans THINK of their band and what they like best.

Genesis will do what they want to do and they have every right to do that

• The vast majority of Genesis fans do not take part in any tipe of online discussion,they are at the least registered in this forum....which seems to me to boast 474 menbers...so it remains difficult to understand what the remainng 99,9 % of fans really think.....

• The vast majority of Genesis fans do not take part in any tipe of online discussion,they are at the least registered in this forum....which seems to me to boast 474 menbers...so it remains difficult to understand what the remainng 99,9 % of fans really think.....

I think you're being a bit harsh on the post by Nanunami you originally responded to. It was just saying that fans in general like to think of their idols as being kind of immortal and ready to spring into action with a tour at any moment. I think this applies to fans of any artiste, not just Genesis. We kind of don't like to think of them as growing older and less able to perform.

I think it's to be safely assumed everyone on this or any other fan board know they are a tiny % of all fans globally and everything said here is simply the opinion of this board's members. I don't think anyone is claiming we few represent all Genesis fans!

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Hoorah Genesis reunion on the cards....not sure if Phil Collins is up to it though, his voice is very frail, seems not to have improved much either from his numerous solo gigs over the last few years either.

Also getting a ticket will be fun, all the PC ones got bought up electronically by touts in seconds. Hopefully they might use newer ticketing technology to stop that and have names attached.

• Hoorah Genesis reunion on the cards....not sure if Phil Collins is up to it though, his voice is very frail, seems not to have improved much either from his numerous solo gigs over the last few years either.

Also getting a ticket will be fun, all the PC ones got bought up electronically by touts in seconds. Hopefully they might use newer ticketing technology to stop that and have names attached.

I didn't go and see Phil's most recent tour and I've not checked out any of the bootlegs. Likewise, I won't be seeing Genesis on this mooted tour. I'm very happy for them, though, as indeed I am for the fans who are seeing them for the first time.

His voice was fine in Australia and I had no problem getting a legitimate ticket. He wouldn't be doing it if he didn't feel up to it.

• His voice was fine in Australia and I had no problem getting a legitimate ticket. He wouldn't be doing it if he didn't feel up to it.

To be fair, his voice was not in the best shape during the NDY tour. He did do ok, but it was not as good as on previous tours and he struggled a lot. Sussudio was awful and obviously he lacks the power these days he would need to deliver certain songs.

So I hope they come up with a good concept to address that problem.

... make tomorrow today!

• Well I took the plunge and paid well over the odds for pre pre sale tickets. I share the same emotions as everyone else. It’ll be great to see them again but I’m apprehensive as to how it might go. Ultimately I wanted my son to see them after he has clogged round England watching various tribute bands with me, it was the least I could do. Hopefully they can all stay healthy and enjoy the tour and give us a treat.

• Then come to the US !!

I think that has to be the plan, at least tentatively. They are starting at home (where they have underplayed to a degree over the more recent decades when they were more actively touring), and, if things go as hoped, they will expand outward in 2021.

I'd check out a show too if they make it here!

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• ... wondering whether or not the reunion article is now finished and will be archived? Or will this be updated until the band is no more or until Peter finally shares the stage with them for one last time? Just curious!

PS: Fun reading, though, How it all came together (or not)

... make tomorrow today!

• Official Post

thx

well, let's see what's coming. We didn't think this section would take this long in the beginning, then we thought it would never end ...