Genesis on cassette

• Was just wondering if there are others like me who first encountered Genesis on cassette? In the early 90s when I was a young teenager it was the most popular format, and tapes were easy and cheap to get second hand. I had most of the Genesis albums (except Duke for some reason) on tape at that time, and for many years that's the only way I heard them. FGTR, Live and Seconds Out I had on LP.

I recently got myself a decent cassette deck again and am quite tempted to get all the old Genesis tapes again for nostalgic reasons (i got rid of them over 15 years ago). Does anyone know if any of the early albums were ever reissued on chrome tape? I know Genesis, IT and WCD were on chrome. Would be nice to get the others if they exist.

• I bought music on cassette from about 1973 to 1982, when I got a turntable. None of the albums up to Abacab ever came out on Chrome. Many, as happened in those days, had tracks shuffled to even out side lengths, Silent Sorrow was on "side 2" (ie/ the second half of side 1) of the tape, somewhere near counting out time, as I recall.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I still have my collection of cassettes and a means to play them, though I rarely do.

Perhaps once or twice a year, I might play a cassette that I have sudden hankering for.

But chances are if it’s an album I like and want to listen to occasionally, I probably already have it on CD.

The exceptions are lower ranked titles I just haven’t gotten around to replacing on CD, or the odd one that I have either never seen on CD or have never seen at a reasonable price (Steve Winwood’s self-titled debut solo album, and Van Morrison’s A Period of Transition are two that immediately come to mind).

• I bought all of them on cassette the first time around, minus Calling All Stations.

I grew up sort of in-between vinyl and CD's, so cassettes were my go to. Looking back on it now the biggest drawback was the complete lack of printed lyrics, and some of the older albums didn't have any liner notes at all.

• I bought all of them on cassette the first time around, minus Calling All Stations.

I grew up sort of in-between vinyl and CD's, so cassettes were my go to. Looking back on it now the biggest drawback was the complete lack of printed lyrics, and some of the older albums didn't have any liner notes at all.

I was in the same place. I once had every album on cassette from SEBTP to IT - being in the US, it was difficult (but not impossible) to get the first 5 albums on cassette. By the time I could l, I had moved on to CDs. (I also had every album on vinyl from NC to IT - WCD and CAS I only ever had on CD (and SACD and DVD-A, if we include the boxsets).

BUT, I never had a Genesis 8-track tape. I’m somewhat smugly proud of that fact. 8)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I bought music on cassette from about 1973 to 1982, when I got a turntable. None of the albums up to Abacab ever came out on Chrome. Many, as happened in those days, had tracks shuffled to even out side lengths, Silent Sorrow was on "side 2" (ie/ the second half of side 1) of the tape, somewhere near counting out time, as I recall.

Just found this on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Foxtrot/release/12822562

So it looks like Foxtrot at least was reissued on chrome tape, in 1986. Surely wasn't the only one? Might make it my mission to collect any/all Genesis chrome cassettes!