11. Wind And Wuthering tour 1977 (10) 14%
    12. And Then There Were Three tour 1978/79 (8) 11%
    13. Trick Of The Tail tour 1976 (6) 8%
    14. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway tour 1974/75 (5) 7%
    15. Foxtrot tour 1972 (4) 5%
    16. Selling England By The Pound tour 1973/74 (4) 5%
    17. Early tours up to Nursery Cryme (1) 1%

Hi everybody

I was wondering how many different Genesis tours you all have seen.

So, a simple poll!

Maybe also let us know how many shows you have seen from each tour

Edited once, last by Nanunami ().

• Official Post

Being 42, I only saw the We Can't Dance Tour (Gelsenkirchen), Calling All Stations Tour (Dortmund and also Bielefeld, but that show didn't happen although everybody was inside the venue) and the Turn It On Again Tour (Brussels dress rehearsal, Hamburg, 2 x Düsseldorf, Hannover, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich).

• I saw them three times on the We Can't Dance tour (Roundhay Park, Knebworth Park and Earls Court), once on the Calling All Stations tour (Mancfester) and twice on the Turn It On Again tour (Dusseldorf and Mancfester). I wish I'd caught them at Wembley Stadium on the Invisible Touch tour.

• Saw them in 80 and 82 and I cherish my memories of those shows.

There were opportunities for me to see them again on subsequent tours but I never did go to a lot of concerts – even back in the day, it was usually one or two, maybe three shows a year at most.

So because of that I tended to spread myself out and try to see different bands, and skip out on ones I’d seen before, especially if I didn’t care for the venue

That was the case in 2007. I was planning to go and then changed my mind, I didn’t want to see them in a stadium.

• I was 16 at the time of the Mama tour and to this day regret missing it. I was into Genesis by then but had only attended two concerts of any sort, so I was not yet in the mode of seeing every band I liked.

The Invisible Touch was a thrill, particularly because of the full ITQE going into the last part of Supper's Ready. When I heard the first few accents of Apocalypse in 9/8, I couldn't believe it. I also appeared to be the only person in my area that a clue what they were playing.

I sat closest for the We Can't Dance tour - about 8 rows from the front. It was also a great experience, particularly Fading Lights live.

The TIOA tour was also lots of fun, with a hefty wave of nostalgia washing over me.

• It was also a great experience, particularly Fading Lights live.

I seem to remember there being a lot of talking amongst audience members during that song when I saw them at Leeds. It was a great moment, though, with the backdrop of twinkling stars while Phil sang and then the unbridled delight of seeing just the three of them up there (something which I don't think they'd done since the days of the Selling England tour when Banks, Collins and Rutherford would play the instrumental section of Cinema Show) bashing away during the instrumental.

• I didn’t want to see them in a stadium.

Playing stadiums was the only way of getting the most people to see them in one place. They could have done what they did in 92 where they performed an "encore tour" of smaller venues around Britain but Phil really didn't want to do any more than twenty European shows at the time they were planning dates for the tour.

• Playing stadiums was the only way of getting the most people to see them in one place. They could have done what they did in 92 where they performed an "encore tour" of smaller venues around Britain but Phil really didn't want to do any more than twenty European shows at the time they were planning dates for the tour.

There were sound reasons for the stadium shows, as you say. However, I do understand why some people dislike stadium gigs or the idea of them.

By the way, do we know if the WCD stage show was retained in its large-venue form for the UK theatre shows, only scaled down?

Abandon all reason

• ...and then the unbridled delight of seeing just the three of them up there (something which I don't think they'd done since the days of the Selling England tour when Banks, Collins and Rutherford would play the instrumental section of Cinema Show) bashing away during the instrumental.

It was just the three of them playing that same instrumental section when I saw them in 82.

Chester got up from his stool at the end of ITC to leave the stage and Daryl followed.

• I saw every tour starting with Wind and Wuthering thru the Turn It On Again Tour in 07 except 6 Of the Best and Calling All Stations.

Very fortunate to have seen multiple shows on all those tours, with W&W and ATTWT being the tours I only saw one show. All told I think the number is up in the low to mid 30's and absolutely loved every single one!

• Lucky enough to Genesis 4 times.

Duke at Hammersmith, Abacab at Wembley Arena, Invs Touch at Wembley Stadium and Hits at Twikers.

Also seen PG x2, PC x1, MTM x2, SH x2 , and tribute acts Musical Box x1 and Los Endos x2.

Watching the Duke concert now and is my favorite, Phil was ill and was not sure it was going ahead

• I am in my sixties and have seen Genesis 11 times since 1973:

1973 - Montreal Centre Sportif - I was only curious and did not know their music

1974 - Montreal Centre Sportif* - By now I knew what to expect (2 full shows!)

1974 - Montreal Forum - The Lamb show: legendary to say the least, incredible

1980 - Capitol Theater, NJ - Long gap between my last show, this was a preview

1980 - Madison Sq Garden, NYC - Same Duke tour show but not as intimate

1981 - Montreal Forum - Abacab tour -had seen Phil with Robert Plant same year

1981 - Montreal Forum - Second Abacab show, same set list, great show

1983 - Montreal Forum - Mama tour show, first time using Vari-Lite technology

1992 - Houston Astrodome* - We can't dance tour, first time stadium production

2007 - Denver Pepsi Center - Turn it on Again, I had to go and loved it!

*Have full CD bootleg recording

*Shows are on YouTube, fan film

I've seen ex-members live: Hackett, Gabriel, Collins, Mike & the Mechanics

and The Musical Box 5 times.

I can't complain, like they say: I may be old but I saw the best rock shows ever!

• 1983 - Montreal Forum - Mama tour show, first time using Vari-Lite technology

You would've seen their first varilite tour on your 1981 Abacab show.

Great set of gigs there, including Gabriel and The Lamb. I'm wondering if anyone else on the board saw the band with PG still in.

Abandon all reason