Genesis and Versatility

• I definitely hear the country influence in That's All. The Alison Krauss and Vince Gill cover makes it even more obvious:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Agree that The Roof Is Leaking also has country in it. Me and Virgil has a bit too.

People haven't mentioned soul and R&B, maybe because there are lots of examples: Misunderstanding, No Reply At All, Sledgehammer, etc. Peter also used to cover Marvin Gaye in his early solo tours.

• just remembered the "ska" section of Me and Sarah Jane (well, the bit where they try and sound like Madness anyway). It really shouldn't work, but it does. One of my favourite 80s G tracks.

It's one of my favourite tracks of theirs overall, and easily one of TB's best. But which is the bit where they try to sound like Madness?! You don't mean "Then I'm standing on a corner" do you?

Abandon all reason