The Slow Show

• Hi ev'ryone...

Anyone aware of The Slow Show?

Think they got heir name from the song by The National and sound a bit like Lambchob.

They did have a strong debut a couple of years ago, White Water. Their second one was still good, but couldn't keep the quality. It was also obvious that their type of music can only be interesting for 2-3 albums. The third one is now coming. First track from that, Hard To Hid, is once again very touching and intense.

• Official Post

I love their debut album but like you, I couldn't really dig into the second one.

Since I live in Dresden, I was interested in the story behind the track "Dresden". I learned that this is a word for disaster in the UK. Nevertheless a beautiful track.

I also do like the new single.

• I love their debut album but like you, I couldn't really dig into the second one.

Since I live in Dresden, I was interested in the story behind the track "Dresden". I learned that this is a word for disaster in the UK. Nevertheless a beautiful track.

I also do like the new single.

News to me! :/

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Yeah I've also never heard anyone use Dresden in that way. "It's a complete and utter Dresden." No, that's a new one on me too!

It's like when I learned from an episode of Frasier that we apparently say 'bumberchute' instead of 'umbrella'. That episode was literally the first time I'd ever hear that word! And I've still never heard anyone use it. It's apparently from a musical.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

Well the lyrics also hint that. They wouldn't make sense any other way. I remember an interview with them back when the first album was released. I think they also mentioned that. Can't find it, but when I do, I will post it here