A Trick of The Tail Album Tour?

• Steve Hackett is currently playing the entire Selling England album on this tour. What are the chance that they'll play the entire "A Trick of The Tail" album on a future tour? 2021 will be the 45th anniversary of arguably the best Phil Collins-era Genesis album. Would absolutely love to hear rarely performed songs like "Squonk" and "Mad Man Moon".

• On one of the Steve Hackett threads a while ago, I opined the same thing, i.e., an ATOTT-themed tour.

It would follow a pattern: he linked “Voyage of the Acolyte” with his Genesis Revisited tour where he also featured “Wolflight”, he did 2 tours featuring “Wind & Wuthering” which had tracks from “Please Don’t Touch” and “The Night Siren”; now, he is doing a tour featuring his new album, “Spectral Mornings”, and SEBTP. The next logical step would be to do a GR tour featuring ATOTT and “Defector” (with or without a new solo album).

I think it could happen! 8)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Official Post

I must say, I'd rather see Steve doing a solo tour next. but that would fit in the scheme, as you said it's 2021 when the ATOTT anniversary happens.

He also mentioned in our interview with him, that a solo only tour would probably follow:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…e-Edge-Of-Light-s698.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I must say, I'd rather see Steve doing a solo tour next. but that would fit in the scheme, as you said it's 2021 when the ATOTT anniversary happens.

He also mentioned in our interview with him, that a solo only tour would probably follow:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…e-Edge-Of-Light-s698.html

Thank you for the link!

Of course, these things are not mutually exclusive - Steve could do a regular solo tour next year in 2020, and then, in 2021, he could do an ATOTT (with or without "Defector" and/or new album elements) GR tour. I'd be good with that! ^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Here's a "video album" of the A Trick of The Tail album ... enjoy!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As much as I’d love to hear a complete Trick of the tail in concert, I would prefer a pure Hackett show for a change. He’s got so much stuff he could explore love - but there’s often not enough time during his shows when he plays Genesis.

• Agree to that. Hackett would be brilliant doing a career retrospective from Acolyte onwards playing key songs that mean the world to us. Hackett fans could vote on the songs. I'm so happy to hear Virgin and the gypsy on current tour. There are dozens of Hackett Classics dotted through the years.

Virgin and the Gypsy is a terrible title but it's so beautiful and magical.

But putting Genesis on the cover puts more in the stalls.

• Yeah I'd rather the next tour was solo-based. Perhaps these years of successful Genesis-themed tours will have rebuilt enough interest in him as a solo artist to ensure healthy numbers on a solo tour.

Hackett fans could vote on the songs.

Maybe but how about this approach: it's all Hackett material but he'll do one Genesis track in each set and the public vote determines the most popular ones to select from. But with the qualifier "Due to time restrictions it can't be Supper's Ready".

Abandon all reason