GENESIS: Seconds Out - Half Speed Mastering 2019

• Official Post

Thanks

Nick has confirmed to us it's his 2008 mix. I have added that information to our news item.

So let's see how that sounds on vinyl.

I really enjoyed the version in the Live Boxset.

• Official Post

That's usually the case among this Abbey Road Master series.

• Thanks

Nick has confirmed to us it's his 2008 mix. I have added that information to our news item.

So let's see how that sounds on vinyl.

I really enjoyed the version in the Live Boxset.

Overall it's a decent remix but what on earth happened to the drum fills at the end of Afterglow?

MIA on the 5.1 surround mix - almost unforgivable!

• Will they also do a new CD version at some point? Or a stand alone release of the 5.1 version?

I don't care much about vinyl ....

... make tomorrow today!

• Amazon USA has this for sale at $27.63 with a release date of June 7th, so I'm assuming this is the remastered LP but it doesn't say anything about that. Does anyone have any info on it being available on Amazon in other countries, and how it's listed for sale on their site? Does it say 1/2 speed remaster?

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

Will they offer a download code?

We try to find our before friday

I any case - some shops say it's the 1994 remaster. It's not! It is the 2008 version!

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “Seconds Out - Half Speed Mastering” to “GENESIS: Seconds Out - Half Speed Mastering 2019”.
  • ouch. Never noticed that. Will check that again.

Sorry - I exaggerated!

Not exactly missing, but so low in the mix that you have make a real effort to hear what is one of the best closing sections of any live track on any live album.

• Came home today to find my copy from Amazon has arrived! Happy to say even with the limited product description it is the 2019 remastered heavy vinyl. 👍🏻

I'm glad my hunch of going only by the release date was a good one and getting this for under $30.00 US was a steal.

Gonna give it a spin later tonight and was wondering what everyone else thinks of it? Any opinions?

• Came home today to find my copy from Amazon has arrived! Happy to say even with the limited product description it is the 2019 remastered heavy vinyl. 👍🏻

I'm glad my hunch of going only by the release date was a good one and getting this for under $30.00 US was a steal.

Gonna give it a spin later tonight and was wondering what everyone else thinks of it? Any opinions?

So what's your opinion then? :)

• So what's your opinion then? :)

It sounds great to me. :thumbup:

It's been years since I listened to it on vinyl and I'm sure that plays into it but I'm thrilled with it and glad they remastered it the way they did and put it out on vinyl.

I can't complain about the price either, snagged two copies (one for a gift) and paid $57 and change US including tax. :)

• It’s great and just what a reissue should be, a quality product that enhances the original without replacing it with a different product. They won’t do it, but the same for Genesis Live, with Supper’s Ready, would be some reward for a very loyal fan base which is poorly served by the band, who should really be a little bit ashamed. The new Seconds Out really chimes. You can hear each string plucked and each cymbal crashed, it’s warm and almost - but not quite to me - overcomes a slightly bland sound on the first two sides which is probably how they sounded live rather than a production issue but not being there I don’t know!

• Can't say I was blown away by this. My pressing is a little bit noisy (like a lot of modern vinyl, particularly from major labels) and the mastering is... I don't know, quite punchy and warm I suppose. But I don't recall thinking there was anything wrong with the original! Maybe i should do a comparison. I'll probably keep it but I really can't see why it was so expensive...