PHIL COLLINS - Other Sides - review available

• Official Post

We have now published the review of the new Collins digital album Other Sides here.

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…er-Sides-review-s727.html

Feel free to discuss!

• Ah! That really helps, thanks!

I hope they consider relasing some additional rare stuff, i.e. alternate versions etc

... make tomorrow today!

• Found it online today. Fingers crossed regarding the quality of the tracks. Started listening to them now.

I Like The Way is clearly a bad vinyl rap. The clicks and pops are clearly hearable.

• Official Post

Haven't heard the album(s) yet. Can anybody say more about the sound quality of the tracks?

• I noticed that the beginnings of Don’t Call Me Ashley and For a Friend were clipped off. Someone else noticed that a fade-in was clipped off on a remixed track. This person says it is due to the tracks being “hard limited.”

• Official Post

I noticed that the beginnings of Don’t Call Me Ashley and For a Friend were clipped off. Someone else noticed that a fade-in was clipped off on a remixed track. This person says it is due to the tracks being “hard limited.”

Well, still they could have done a proper job here. Also choosing and releasing the wrong version of Homeless is pretty bad

• I've not heard this release as I already have all the B-sides and whatnot. However, if someone was after a decent copy of I Like The Way, one of the members of the Genesis Movement torrent sharing site uploaded a CD version of the track a while back.

• This is really an excellent and insightful review. I really hope they might release it on vinyl or cd at the minimal like you mentioned in the review. It just seems so odd that it wasn't.

• This is really an excellent and insightful review. I really hope they might release it on vinyl or cd at the minimal like you mentioned in the review. It just seems so odd that it wasn't.

I think the fact that this stuff was released after the event and wasn't remixed or remastered, suggests to me that Phil was ambivalent about the release.

• Just looked at the review and noticed this:

In the Air Tonight (Demo) 04:56

I Missed Again (Demo) 04:05

If Leaving Me Is Easy (Demo) 05:13

In the case of the Face Value demos, the track running times indicate that these are the longer versions that mistakenly ended up on the 7" of If Leaving Me Is Easy instead of the 12".

Many years ago I had the 7" of "If Leaving Me Is Easy." The B-side had the three tracks named above -- to be played at 33 RPM, but still a LOT to cram onto one 7" side -- under the collective title "Drawing Board."

What I find interesting is the statement that these mistakenly ended up on the 7". Does anyone know the story behind this? How does a record company mistakenly release something?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.