GNC interview with TONY BANKS online - The Vaults Interview (27.06.2019)

• Official Post

It's online - the interview with Tony we did 10 days ago is now available.

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…past-and-future-s736.html

enjpy and feedback welcome.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Thanks Christian.

I wish he hadn't been so offhand about the This Is Love video because I for one enjoyed him being front & centre in it. There is nothing wrong with his singing voice.

• I note that he mentions the STRICTLY INC. leftover "Back to You," saying he didn't think it was worth including as a bonus track. He talks about it like it was never released, but actually it's available on the "Walls of Sound" single. It's not that bad of a song either.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I note that he mentions the STRICTLY INC. leftover "Back to You," saying he didn't think it was worth including as a bonus track. He talks about it like it was never released, but actually it's available on the "Walls of Sound" single. It's not that bad of a song either.

Yep, I have that CD single, and to be honest the best thing on it is the instrumental version of Only Seventeen, which actually sounds just like a typical Banks instrumental, as though it was never meant to have vocals! I love that version of the track. Back To You is okay, but nothing earth-shattering. Walls Of Sound itself is a different mix to the album as well, so technically everything on that single is unavailable anywhere else officially, which makes it quite collectible considering Esoteric didn't include the b-side track on either of the recent boxed sets. So if you're a Banks fan/collector, I'd recommend seeking it out!

• A great interview. Tony seemed very relaxed, and you seem to have established a good rapport with him Christian.

Thank you.

Gaz.

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."